futura50@hotmail.com

Jaysan
Jaysan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a one year old Nitro 5. Recent Windows 10 updates have failed installation. Also I can't turn on automatic updates. Anyone have an answer to this issue?
Jaysan

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @Jaysan

How to fix Windows Update errors installing Update

Although the best way to download and install the latest release of Windows 10 is to use the Windows Update option, sometimes you may see an error message that won't let you install the new version.

There are a number of errors that may appear, and they'll be different depending on the problem that caused them. However, if you're having trouble, the quickest way to troubleshoot and resolve this issue is to use the Windows Update troubleshooter tool.

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Under "Get up and running," select the Windows Update option.
    5. Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

6. Click the Apply this fix option (if applicable).

7. Continue with the on-screen directions.

8. Restart your device.

After completing the steps, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, click the Check for updates button to try the upgrade one more time.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Jaysan
    Jaysan Member Posts: 3 New User
    I went thru the process you outlined (which I had done before several times) and I get a failed to install message with a note saying some update files are missing. KB4471324 is failing to update. Do you have any other suggestions?