Which graphic drivers are best for the Predator 500 with the gtx 1070? The Acer or Nvidia drivers?

brwster455
brwster455 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Acer drivers are sort of outdated

Answers

• The drivers provided by Acer are optimized for your model! However the latest version of nvidia (417.35) fixed the fps problem caused by driver 417.22!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Latest ones work good.

The Acer one on release of the H500 would uninstall itself last I checked upon reboot.
    They may have fixed the issue by now I'll have to check.

If they did fix it then I would use the Acer one since it gives the best performance.
    - Hotel Hero
  • brwster455
    brwster455 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    thanks, ill just use the Acer driver for the 1070
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    The Acer drivers are quite outdated. For nvidia I would use 417.22, as it is most stable from all 400 versions. The best driver to install for pascal laptops is 399.24.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!