Why does my windows file explorer keeps on crashing!? I need your help.

RMM94
RMM94 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've learned how to fix black screen and then after a while my windows explorer suddenly keeps on crashing. What's all about this problem? This is not normal.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    What's your full ACER model number? How did you try to  fix the black screen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RMM94
    RMM94 Member Posts: 9 New User
    This is the whole story. I plugged in a brand new sandisk flashdrive that comes with 64gb storage. Right after I plugged that in, the file explorer crashed. I didn't know how to deal with the problem at first so I pressed the power button till it shut down. The next thing I did was searched youtube videos. The videos told me to go to the task manager-->File-->run new task--> type in "explorer.exe" ... It worked for a little bit then it started to crash every time I attempt to open the file explorer.
  • JackE
    What's your full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DerbyDad
    DerbyDad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Microsoft Edge keeps crashing to a black screen.  I don't know why.  My Acer laptop is only 2 months old. N19C3.   How do I fix this annoying problem other than constantly "rebooting" which doesn't make sense. 
  • JackE
    Uninstall, not just disable, non-Microsoft virus scanners like McAfee, Norton, AVG, Malwarebytes, Avast, etc. Windows Defender and MaliciousSoftwareRemovalTool are all most folks need. They're atuomatically updated by Micrrosoft's Win10 update service. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ