Is it possible to get an M.2 NVMe ssd and a M.2 SATA ssd at the same time in my Preadtor 17X??

Options
Ausbel
Ausbel Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, guys.
I´m the proud owner of a Predator 17X. I got it last year.
I already know that this model comes with 3 ports for SSD, one that can work as a normal SATA3 or as a PCIe NVMe port, and the other two are SATA3.
Is it possible to get the machine working with one PCIe NVMe ssd in its corresponding port and a SATA3 in other port?
The main reason is that i want to install Ubuntu in this machine but I dont want to make a partition in the ssd that has windows and neither in the HDD.
i want to use an ssd only for this OS.

I hope you can help me. Thanks

Best Answers

• Ausbel
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What is the exact model of desktop? Example v3-571!
    My predator model is GX-792
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The raid function will work yes!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ausbel
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My predator model is GX-792
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, it is possible! See that there are several entries available:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    I believe the lower slot is the NVME and the higher one is SATA.

Keep in mind they are set in a RAID configuration
    - Hotel Hero
  • Ausbel
    Options
    Red-Sand dijo:
    I believe the lower slot is the NVME and the higher one is SATA.

Keep in mind they are set in a RAID configuration
    I know that the ssd are in a RAID configuration, but sincerely i have a poor idea of what that means and if that means that i cant get to my goal
  • Ausbel
    Options
    Yes, it is possible! See that there are several entries available:

But what about the RAID config? Is it possible even if the ssd are in this config? I dont know much about this type of config
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The raid function will work yes!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer