messages, anyone?

klitsukka
klitsukka Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
would someone tell me how to message another member?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi! What is the problem that is happening to your computer?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi! What is the problem that is happening to your computer?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • klitsukka
    klitsukka Member Posts: 2 New User

assistance, please
    I have no sound - the message (everywhere) says i do not have an output device plugged in, of course i do (stereo speakers),
     i have tried 2 sets of speakers, and 3 pair of headphones, in both front & rear jacks, to no avail. I have a degree in computer science, so know that i have updated every thing you can update, tried various and assorted troubleshooters; the troubleshooters all tell me to plug in the speaker, but none of them address the problem of this particular nature. (I also tried the cold boot after unplugging for 90 seconds, no change).
    I have uninstalled every single component even remotely associated with sound, let the "chk for hardware change" wizard
    do the reinstall, and i have manually done the reinstall myself, using only microsoft and realtek approved drivers;
       no change....any ideas?

win10 home v1803 (i took the latest back off, thinking that
    could be the culprit)  on:
     acer xc 704g, intel celeron dual 1.6 Gb, 4 Gb simm mem,
    1Tb sata hd, 500Gb sata hd, both @7200, realtek integrated
     hd audio (v400) i spkr jack in rear, i earphone jack in frnt
     acer display s 230 hl hd 1920x1080
    seagate free agent 500 Gb usb external hd
    (2)logitech cameras 270 w/ built-in mike

• What is the exact model of the notebook? Example v3-571! Does this issue occur only on external speakers or does it also occur on the notebook speakers? Have you tried this?

It is necessary to plug the headset!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    So on an XC-704G as with most desktops, the two audio out ports are connected to different parts of the motherboard. Since both ports act the same we can pretty much rule out the jacks being bad and since you have already tried multiple headphones and speakers we can rule those out as well. I assume that you've already checked Device Manager and see no errors or warnings there. When you try to install audio drivers do the installers recognize the audio hardware (Realtek ALC662-VD 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio Codec)? If the chip had gone bad on the motherboard I'd expect the installers to complain that they can't find the audio chip. Likely we're down to a problem with the drivers, either a bad install that won't uninstall, so other versions don't replace it or perhaps a forced install of a non-compatible version that also doesn't release control to the right one. It also might be a corruption in your user configuration. I'd try two things, create a new user, login as that user and test. If it works for another user then we need to look into fixing the corrupted profile. If not that do a full backup and reinstall the OS from scratch (wiping all partitions so there's no chance of something hanging over), test again before doing the recovery from your backup. If that test works than do the backup restore of only apps and data or better yet would be to just restore your data and reinstall the missing apps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.