XB271HUA - No sound from the monitor!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hey guys,

Just finished building a PC with Acer Predator XB271HUA as my monitor. I understand that this monitor comes with speakers, and from reading on 'google' - the sounds can be activated via HDMI port to the motherboard. My sound settings on the monitor and windows OS is at max. While watching a youtube video, I opened the sound and saw the 'Realtek Digital Output's bar is going up and down so definitely the sound is being detected. Could you guys please help me on this one?

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390m
GPU: None yet

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,016 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Hello,
    Could you give me the part number of the monitor?
    France
  • Qvist
    Qvist Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same monitor, no HDMI to the motherboard tho? DP to the GPU and choose the monitor in the sound options?. The monitors have some problems with the sound, there seems to be some sort of problem with the DTS? If i switch from my monitor to my headset and back again i get the issue where no sound comes from the speakers in the monitor. But according to windows it is sending out sound to it. If i deactivate DTS in the settings menu of the monitor it works, but deactivated DTS sounds really horrible. The other quick fix to get the sound back to working again is to Unplugg an plugg the powercord back in. Its a really ***** bug thats been around since the day 1 but no fix..