How do I fix a blue screen with error code: 0xc00000e9 on my Acer Spin 7 laptop?

Options
div
div Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have tried numerous methods such as battery reset, system restore and even reset my laptop with no luck. It continues to automatic recovery and the blue screen and I have no access to my desktop. I have tried to enter safe mode but I can not. Someone please help! 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Press and hold the power button for 5 or more seconds till the machine is completely off. Then remove the charger and any USB or other devices that may be plugged into the laptop ports. The turn the machine back and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    (1) Is the hard drive described as being present in the Information tab?
    (2) If it is, make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled or turned on in the Main tab.
    (3) Make sure the hard drive is either first or second listed in the Boot tab and in UEFI mode.

Press F10 to save BIOS menu settings and exit.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• div
    div Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Press and hold the power button for 5 or more seconds till the machine is completely off. Then remove the charger and any USB or other devices that may be plugged into the laptop ports. The turn the machine back and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    (1) Is the hard drive described as being present in the Information tab?
    (2) If it is, make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled or turned on in the Main tab.
    (3) Make sure the hard drive is either first or second listed in the Boot tab and in UEFI mode.

Press F10 to save BIOS menu settings and exit.

Jack E/NJ

I don’t know which is the hardrive. Also I can’t seem to enter BIOS menu, I can only access UEFI settings.
  • JackE
    Options
    The HDD is #2. UEFI is the correct setting. Remove any external devices you may have connected to the laptop, like a USB drive or any other external peripheral. Then shut the machine completely off. Turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key till a recovery screen appears again as in the video below. Then you should probably try to save your personal files instead of a full factory reset that erases everything and returns the machine to a factory-fresh state. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    wangyiqiang
    Thank you for your comments. Please remember that this is a GPT-partitioned system, not MBR-partitioned. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ