Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM updated windows 10 last night and will not connect to wireless networ

Options
dhoddle
dhoddle Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

the wireless network icon disappeared from the taskbar, and Network Status shows no available networks

When I click Change Adapter options, "this folder is empty"

I have disabled Bluetooth, did not help

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 is "not operational".

Windows could not start the WLAN Autoconfig service on local computer.

Error 1068

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @dhoddle
    Just try this simple step it may fix the issue 
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • dhoddle
    Options

Tried it- no luck. -  It would have been a very easy fix, if it had fixed it.

After draining the power, and restarting, when I check network, nothing is there - when I check "services", WLAN Auto Config is still not running and will not start.

I am not sure if I even want to know what I just did.

:-)

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @dhoddle
    Go to Device manager>network adaptor under that see if you can find the wireless network adaptor , if yes than right click on it and click uninstall. Once the driver is uninstalled than restart your laptop and try to connect it internet.

• dhoddle
    Options
    I have uninstalled it, and let it discover it again, and actually uninstalled it before powering down and resetting the BIOS.
    The card is there, shows to be "this device is working properly"  
    I have downloaded and installed from a USB card a different driver, it seems that the card is fine.

Service: WLAN Autoconfig is not running and will not start.
    Service: Windows Connection Manager is not running and will not start
  • dhoddle
    Options
    so, in the absence of any help, not having a restore point, I  created a fresh start with a new installation of windows. 
    This did fix the problem. Obviously, the windows update was the trigger, and I can't help wondering what really happened, but I am back up and running with a "NEW" laptop.
  • Krzzybzh
    Krzzybzh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hoping you can help me sir! i have this same device, same issue, so may i ask which download of windows update you did that worked? i have tried one previously and it didnt work. i got it from microsoft website, media creation tool. did you use it? or rufus? also, what are you BIOS settings? maybe i have something set wrong!