Is there a way to reduce the wattage of predator(ph315-51) from 45W to 35W?

mitulshesh
mitulshesh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have been using acer predator ph315-51 for 2 months and one common problem which I observed is that while playing games like far cry4,far cry5,Just cause 3 etc , the laptop gets heated up to 95 degrees.Changing the processor efficiency to 99% has a significant impact on lowering the temperature, but fps fluctuates a lot which does not give a good gaming experience. So is there a way we can reduce the wattage so that the temperature stays within 80 degrees. I tried it using Intel Xtu, but it seems it didnt make much of a difference.

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    I have been using acer predator ph315-51 for 2 months and one common problem which I observed is that while playing games like far cry4,far cry5,Just cause 3 etc , the laptop gets heated up to 95 degrees.Changing the processor efficiency to 99% has a significant impact on lowering the temperature, but fps fluctuates a lot which does not give a good gaming experience. So is there a way we can reduce the wattage so that the temperature stays within 80 degrees. I tried it using Intel Xtu, but it seems it didnt make much of a difference.

Follow the links in my signature to fine tune your laptop to undervolt it. Reducing power like mentioned, or limiting to 99% would disable turbo impacting performance. Undervolt your laptop and you won't need to sacrifice performance - your laptop will run cooler at max speeds too, including turbo.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045