E1-571-6888 Will not start

Options
oldmustangs
oldmustangs Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
When I try to boot up my E1-571-6888 Laptop, it shows the "ACER explore beyond limits" screen and a message down below that says, "Diagnosing your PC." That goes to a screen that says "You PC did not start correctly." The page shows a Restart button and an Advanced options button. Clicking on Advanced options, brings up a page that says, "Choose an option." Options are: Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 10. That takes you back to Diagnosing your PC. Next button is Troubleshoot, which takes you to Reset your PC or see advanced options. The last button turns off the PC. Clicking on Troubleshooting takes you to a screen that lets you reset, Keep My Files and Remove everything. I have tried both of those and I get a message saying "There was a problem resetting and no changes were made." Back to Advanced options: System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt, UEFI Firmware Settings, and Startup Settings. I have tried all of those with the same results; ""there was a problem so no changes were made." I don't know what System Image Recovery or UEFI Firmware Settings do. So is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @oldmustangs

As you receive error message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.", it confirms that OS image is corrupted. If your computer is under manufacturer warranty, please contact Acer Technical Support in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and book for repair. If it is OOW, you can contact Acer Store online and buy Recovery Media to reload OS in your computer. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Okay, try the procedure for this video: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • oldmustangs
    Options
    Thanks but that does not work. Pushing the Alt key and tapping the F10 key takes me to the Acer start screen with the message "Preparing Automatic Repair" then to "Diagnosing your PC" and then to the Automatic Repair Screen, which has the Advanced Options." From there I can go to the factory reset, as in the video but then I get a message, "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @oldmustangs

As you receive error message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.", it confirms that OS image is corrupted. If your computer is under manufacturer warranty, please contact Acer Technical Support in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and book for repair. If it is OOW, you can contact Acer Store online and buy Recovery Media to reload OS in your computer. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Maybe you can recover the operating system using an iso of windows 10 and writing to the pendrive!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • oldmustangs
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I ordered the Recovery Discs from ACER for $20, installed them (there are 5 discs), and everything works fine. Obviously lost all my data but I couldn't get to it anyway. I had most of it backed up on another computer and an external HD. Thanks for the help.