Acer Swift 3 not charging

Bryan_Yee
Bryan_Yee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
After draining my laptop's battery completely, it won't charge anymore. The charging lights won't turn on.  This happened after I updated my laptop's BIOS. The update was fine and caused no problems. The problems only occurred after changing the Function key setting in BIOS, which made it show "Windows Recovering" and prevented it from booting. The laptop booted after resetting BIOS to default setting. A few days later, my laptop wouldn't turn on, and I had to reset the internal battery with the pinhole, making it show "Windows Recovering" again, but booted. The battery could still charge before resetting via the pinhole. Then after draining the battery completely, it wouldn't charge anymore. I'm assuming this issue might be related to the BIOS settings changing from AHCI to RST with Optane after the BIOS update. My laptop is Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G-5281. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>Then after draining the battery completely>>>

(1) What do you mean by this? Did you run the laptop on battery alone till it shutoff without warning?
    (2) What problem were you trying to solve by changing the BIOS firmware?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ