Ok, before you ship me over to the Nvidia-forums, as far as I can reckon - this problem has been prevalent for at least 2-3 years on different PC's, especially laptops. I've sent 3-4 feedbacks through GeForce Experience, but only within the last week - so they might need some time to implement a solution in an update later on.
So I'm asking here just in case someone has had a similar/identical problem, and knows about a quick fix.
Camera just won't load using the HUD for GeForce Experience. I know my camera works, and will start, as I've tried other apps where it does what it's supposed to. I've tried recording, just in case it's just the HUD that isn't showing my camera - but no, my aging face who none probably are interested in seeing anyways, won't show.
Recently bought this new laptop, and went from an ASUS FX553VD with an Nvidia GTX1050, to my new ACER Nitro 5 with a 1060. On my old laptop, everything works nicely.
I've tried the following:
1. Uninstalling drivers/Geforce Experience - reinstalling, with clean install. Also before that, without clean install.
2. Removing "CEF cache"-folder, before doing "number 1".
3. Doing "number 1", but selecting 2-3 different older driver versions.
4. The obvious "turn HUD off and on again", also - turning camera capture off and on again.
Thought I'd ask the Acer-people directly, but there's no contact form, and really don't wanna do this over the phone as I live in Norway.
- Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...