G3-710 upgrade question

Options
sora0virus
sora0virus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
im currently using a GTX 1060 3GB. should i upgrade my psu to 750w to upgrade my 1060 to a 1070 TI? im asking if a 1070 ti would fit in my desktop

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    What is the PSU that you currently have in the system?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• sora0virus

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    Currently my psu is a 500W one,and was told that i couldnt run it optimally if i put a 1070 TI, im buying a GTX 1070 TI Gaming 8GB Vram because theres a last day sale. My cpu an i7-7700 so i know it wont be bottlenecked, OS is Windows 10. Bios is R02-A2.
  • sora0virus

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    Currently my psu is a 500W one,and was told that i couldnt run it optimally if i put a 1070 TI, im buying a GTX 1070 TI Gaming 8GB Vram because theres a last day sale. My cpu an i7-7700 so i know it wont be bottlenecked, OS is Windows 10. Bios is R02-A2.
    Edit, forgot to mention i already ordered a corsair PSU with 750W
  • ven98
    Options
    The 500W PSU shouldn't have problems driving the 1070Ti, but purchasing a higher wattage PSU is never a bad thing just to sure.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• sora0virus

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    The 500W PSU shouldn't have problems driving the 1070Ti, but purchasing a higher wattage PSU is never a bad thing just to sure.
    I have a question regarding the GPU size, would most GPUs fit inside the G3-710?
  • ven98
    Options
    I don't know how much free space there is available in the case, but you can measure the length and in the GPU's specification the length is always given. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Some versions of this model come with the gtx1070 video card! So the 1070ti should fit perfectly on your desktop:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ven98
    Options
    Some versions of this model come with the gtx1070 video card! So the 1070ti should fit perfectly on your desktop:

Actually it is not the GPU that matters. What matters is the cooling design. Some aftermarket GPUs no matter whether they are 1070, 1070ti or 1080 come with different heatsink and board sizes; single,dual or triple fan design.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• sora0virus

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:

Actually it is not the GPU that matters. What matters is the cooling design. Some aftermarket GPUs no matter whether they are 1070, 1070ti or 1080 come with different heatsink and board sizes; single,dual or triple fan design.
    i do have to ask though, does the G3-710 motherboard have a PSU power limit?
  • ven98
    Options
    No, motherboards don't have PSU power limit.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• sora0virus

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    No, motherboards don't have PSU power limit.
    Is the G3-710 PSU replaceable?/does it have custom connectors or do i need to do some modifying, since i already ordered a 750w psu
  • ven98
    Options
    All ATX PSUs have the same size(form factor) and same position of screws. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Exactly @ven98!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    In answer to the original question, the G3-710 has a pretty standard case and should fit the 1070ti just fine. Realize for each GTX design there are several form factors. Acer typically put one of the short cards in (as shown in Ven98's image), but there is lots of room in that Predator case for a full length card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.