Options
2»

Answers

• gshaw
    gshaw Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    gshaw said:
    @gshaw is your system working fine with crucial stick? 
    i am planning to add same as it is cheap and best solution available in India as of now.
    give a long term review

Working perfectly. Two months now. No issues at all...
    Bro i bought crucial one 
    but getting blue screen errors "memory management"
    I dont know why it's not working for me. 
    using any single stick the system is ok 
    But on dual channel i get error. 
    As I mentioned, the Crucial RAM should work perfectly with the pre-installed Hynix, in dual channel mode. Which model did you buy, I got this one: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01BIWKP58/.
    Most importantly please ensure you have the latest BIOS. BIOS versions older than 1.11 have quite a few known issues.
  • akshanshkumar
    akshanshkumar Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    gshaw said:
    gshaw said:
    @gshaw is your system working fine with crucial stick? 
    i am planning to add same as it is cheap and best solution available in India as of now.
    give a long term review

Working perfectly. Two months now. No issues at all...
    Bro i bought crucial one 
    but getting blue screen errors "memory management"
    I dont know why it's not working for me. 
    using any single stick the system is ok 
    But on dual channel i get error. 
    As I mentioned, the Crucial RAM should work perfectly with the pre-installed Hynix, in dual channel mode. Which model did you buy, I got this one: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01BIWKP58/.
    Most importantly please ensure you have the latest BIOS. BIOS versions older than 1.11 have quite a few known issues.
    Yes its exact same ram module and my bios version in latest 1.12.

Issue is ram and internal item cannot be returned to amazon unless they are faulty.
    i spent 4k on something which is causing trouble and i cannot fix it or get money back. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried flipping the slot memory ram? Both are correctly identified in the bios information section? What is the operating system version? windows 10 home, home single language, professional? 1803 or 1809?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gshaw

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried flipping the slot memory ram? Both are correctly identified in the bios information section? What is the operating system version? windows 10 home, home single language, professional? 1803 or 1809?
    It could be that one of the slots itself is faulty. As suggested above, check both slots with single RAM, if you have not done already. Also, mine is working in Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1809.
  • akshanshkumar

Tinkerer

Options
    Checked the ram slots -> both are fine 
    Checked flipping rams -> still getting BSOD 
    Using any 1 stick system works fine 
    but using both together it crashes  :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you remember when the memories are connected, if they are recognized in the information section of bios? What is the version of your operating system? Is the operating system 64 or 32bit?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • akshanshkumar

Tinkerer

Options
    Do you remember when the memories are connected, if they are recognized in the information section of bios? What is the version of your operating system? Is the operating system 64 or 32bit?
    it's 64 bit windows 10 1809 october update with bios verison 1.12 
    yes when i add both sticks it shows them in BIOS and when i start using my pc i get BSOD errors like memory management. 
    I ran memtest86 on both sticks individually which showed no error. but when i ran a full test on dual channel it failed giving lot of errors.

i just can't figure out the reason for it.
  • gshaw

Tinkerer

Options
    it's 64 bit windows 10 1809 october update with bios verison 1.12 
    yes when i add both sticks it shows them in BIOS and when i start using my pc i get BSOD errors like memory management. 
    I ran memtest86 on both sticks individually which showed no error. but when i ran a full test on dual channel it failed giving lot of errors.

i just can't figure out the reason for it.
    Very strange indeed. Perhaps I may mention that I have added an m.2 SSD which I am now using as boot drive, and the original HDD for storage. I don't know if it should matter in this issue...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you used the alt + f10 command before the Acer logo to reinstall windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshanshkumar

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes i have reinstalled windows twice to be sure if it was a windows error. Still getting issues with dual channel

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Update the drivers with this program and then post the result: https://drp.su/en

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Atik4713
    Atik4713 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes i have reinstalled windows twice to be sure if it was a windows error. Still getting issues with dual channel

Hey bro, is your problem solved? Please tell me whether your problem is solved or not because I am planning to buy the same Crucial Ram for my lappy.
  • Atik4713

Tinkerer

Options
    I have decided to buy Kingston RAM over the Crucial one. This was because due to a thing CAS Latency which needs to be the same for RAM's to run in dual channel.
    References from Youtube: 1] Linus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRCXYXszi8U
                                            2]Gamer's Platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4HqidL3jkc
    I have researched this for about a day or so and learned that it is possible to run RAM's of different Timing's Table(with reference to CPU-Z) but it could give compatibility issues on a long run.

Thank u!!!
  • Atik4713

Tinkerer

Options
    Atik4713 said:
    I have decided to buy Kingston RAM over the Crucial one. This was because due to a thing CAS Latency which needs to be the same for RAM's to run in dual channel.
    References from Youtube: 1] Linus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRCXYXszi8U
                                            2]Gamer's Platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4HqidL3jkc
    I have researched this for about a day or so and learned that it is possible to run RAM's of different Timing's Table(with reference to CPU-Z) but it could give compatibility issues on a long run.

Thank u!!!
    Kingston is Working without any worries at all. Buy Kingston for 100 % working and compatibility. 😊

• PJPagan
    PJPagan Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    Kingston worked perfectly with Hynix.

Had an 8GB Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH (https://www.skhynix.com/products.view.do?vseq=2066&cseq=75). Added "Kingston Technology ValueRAM 8GB 2400Mhz" from Amazon (https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR24S17S8_8.pdf). Noticed something interesting in CPU-Z about the DRAM Manufacturer for the Kingston: it's Hynix.