Aspire ES1-512, my dvd player (Matshita UJ8HC) says there is no disk in the drive, but there is.

AJG
AJG Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Aspire ES1-512, my dvd player (Matshita UJ8HC) says no disk, even if I try different kinds of disks, ie. music, cd, dvd, movie. The drive appears in windows, shows it is working properly and the driver seems to be up to date, (according to microsoft) Just does not actually see a disk for some reason. Help please, it is frustrating. 

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried cleaning the optical drive?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THWu13dEeCU
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AJG
    Answer ✓
    It said I didn't have the required version installed. I am sorry, I may have been unclear as to the problem. I have other software to play dvd's, it is the dvd device itself that is not seeing any disk, not a player software.

Answers

• Have you tried uninstalling the dvd driver in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AJG
    edited December 2018
    Yes, egydiocoelho, I did. Uninstalled, restarted the laptop and same thing. It is not seeing any disk. To clarify, you did mean the player? as I didn't find any option to uninstall the driver from there.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AJG
    Thank you, I will try that and let you know.
  • On the uninstallation of the dvd driver, I referred to this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AJG
    edited December 2018
    Ok, yes that is what I had done.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried cleaning the optical drive?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THWu13dEeCU

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AJG
    Answer ✓
    It said I didn't have the required version installed. I am sorry, I may have been unclear as to the problem. I have other software to play dvd's, it is the dvd device itself that is not seeing any disk, not a player software.
  • AJG
    Well, *****, my bad. I had cleaned it, but decided to clean it again. Now it works. Thanks for pushing me to clean it again. Must have been really dirty, or I didn't clean it well the first itme. My fault, thanks again.
  • You're welcome, my friend! Glad you could solve the problem  =) 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer