How do I change the size of my tabs and shelf? Chromebook model 5CD7219V7Y

carolynk
carolynk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I am using the Chromebook model 5CD7219V7Y. 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @carolynk

The recommended method the effect the shelf icons & menu items etc is via a mixture of Ctrl Shift + (or -) and Ctrl + (or -) until you arrive at the desired resolution and zoom combination. This can combined with a range of accessibility settings if needed.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• carolynk
    carolynk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thank you for responding, but, this does not answer my question. that doesn't change the shelf and tabs. it only changes, I'm not sure if I'm putting this right, it only changes the size of what is inside the tabs and shelf. Do you know how to fix it?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @carolynk 

You cannot change the default size of the shelf and status panel. You can however, set it to "hide" until the cursor is on it - do this by right clicking somewhere on the shelf. A right click on a Chromebook is a two-finger tap or Alt-click. You can also remove items from the shelf if they bother you.

Also, ensure you have the best screen resolution by typing Ctrl Shift 0 - that might help if you inadvertently reset it in the past

SOURCE: https://support.google.com/chromebook/forum/AAAAmKCdEus4Lp5rtEZ9aQ?hl=en
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)