Is there a lower stand for the ET430K monitor?

billF
billF Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
even with my minimal height desk, the upper part of the screen is too high.  Would help to have a stand that just clears the desk top.

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018
    Hi billF, Unfortunately there is no lower stand for this monitor.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I don't find anything that suggests it has the capability of using a VESA mount. Most of the Acer monitors support 100x100 VESA mounts, which means you can use third party mounts.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Onticom
    Onticom Member Posts: 24 Networker
    This item has such odd design elements.

I want to make use of the 200x100 VESA mount for the opposite reason to the OP - I want to raise the monitor slightly... but the VESA mount option is rendered useless by the bulge at the bottom of the monitor...

I've yet to find a 3rd party stand that can accommodate such a design quirk. 
  • Onticom
    Onticom Member Posts: 24 Networker
    UPDATE: It doesn't help me, as I need a desk stand, but as Acer customers get zero assistance from Acer we've got to form our own self-help group, right?!

For wall mounting - you need to get over a few design flaws in the ET430K, and the best solution I could come up with is:-

Vogel's 3115 Wall with tilt:-

The "tilt" feature isn't of use, but its mechanism means the mount extends far enough to allow for the bulge at the bottom of the back of the monitor.

It also features a "drop-in" mount feature which circumvents the issue caused by that bulge.

Unfortunately, alone, it doesn't address the somewhat unique combination of design flaws of the bulge and the esoteric 200x100 VESA format of the Acer monitor mount screw layout... so unfortunately I think the only solution is to take a pair of aviation snips to your brand new German-designed precision-made wall-mount, and snip off its feet! That way, through the tears, you should be able to attach the mount to the monitor without further problems.

Now, if anyone can find me a minimal desk mount that can work around Acer's design flaws, please let me know!