Acer Iconia w1-810 - Factory reset stuck at 64% and can’t troubleshoot

Bulbemsaur
Bulbemsaur Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
I’m having to use my sister old Acer iconia w1-810 windows 10 because all my things have broken -_- so I’ve tried to reset the device to wipe everything and start from scratch, however it’s reset is stuck on 64%. It will load up to 77% but then reboot itself and go back to 64% and it’s been doing this all night. I haven’t been able to find much help online about tablets instead of laptops. I’ve been trying to restart/troubleshoot it by getting the recover screen up during loading by turning it on and off consecutively but when the recovery screen comes up the screen becomes unresponsive and I can’t select anything. 

Please help I’m getting desperate!! :(

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    I’m having to use my sister old Acer iconia w1-810 windows 10 because all my things have broken -_- so I’ve tried to reset the device to wipe everything and start from scratch, however it’s reset is stuck on 64%. It will load up to 77% but then reboot itself and go back to 64% and it’s been doing this all night. I haven’t been able to find much help online about tablets instead of laptops. I’ve been trying to restart/troubleshoot it by getting the recover screen up during loading by turning it on and off consecutively but when the recovery screen comes up the screen becomes unresponsive and I can’t select anything. 

Reasons why reset would get stuck could be because of low storage on the device.

My suggestion would be to create a fresh windows 10 bootable media and try to re-install the Operating system on this device, try creating media creation tool via this link

You can check this link to know the procedure on how to boot from media creation tool. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    You also might be able to free up space by installing a SD card and then moving the contents of the documents, music, videos, etc folders to the SD card. That might give you the room needed to do a reset.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bulbemsaur
    Rudy21 said:

Reasons why reset would get stuck could be because of low storage on the device.

My suggestion would be to create a fresh windows 10 bootable media and try to re-install the Operating system on this device, try creating media creation tool via this link

You can check this link to know the procedure on how to boot from media creation tool. 
    I’ve downloaded the tool onto an sd card but the link you sent does not show how to run it on a tablet do you know how?
  • Bulbemsaur
    billsey said:
    You also might be able to free up space by installing a SD card and then moving the contents of the documents, music, videos, etc folders to the SD card. That might give you the room needed to do a reset.
    I can’t do anything with the tablet as it’s stuck installing windows and I can’t get it to stop
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Rudy21 said:

I’ve downloaded the tool onto an sd card but the link you sent does not show how to run it on a tablet do you know how?
    While turning on the device. Hold Volume UP and POWER together to access BIOS. Once, you are in BIOS go to boot options and change the boot priority order from HDD to SD card ( Memory card ) and save the changes. This will allow you to install windows 10
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer