Add harddrive to Acer Aspire GX781

amidoit
amidoit Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2018 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hi!
I would like to install an extra harddrive to my Acer Aspire GX781 since i only have an 250GB SSD in and that is not enough for me. I have noticed there is like a "wall" to the right inside my computer (check photo) wheras I can not get to the harddrive slots. How do I remove that "wall" or do I need to open the front panel or something to get to it?

Answers

• Make sure these photos help you:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    It looks from your picture that you already have an HDD installed. Did you replace the original HDD with an SSD, rather than installing an SSD into the M.2 slot?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sica
    Sica Member Posts: 3 New User
    Make sure these photos help you:

What screws do i need?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Typically HDDs use M3 screws.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • B3r_
    B3r_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    What cables is it if you can find a link to some I would really appreciate that 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @B3r_

Check out this link as reference, cheap enough:

https://www.amazon.com/Benfei-Degree-Locking-Driver-Writer/dp/B07JW9RMTG/ref=sr_1_7?crid=BYZOI5RTRI5J&keywords=8"+SATA3+cable&qid=1641631624&s=electronics&sprefix=8+sata3+cable,electronics,269&sr=1-7&th=1

Some have 90 degree angle. some are staight. I personally like those with clips, that help fixing the cable in place as I found SATA data cables if frequently plugged and unplugged (like my habit) will get worn out and get lossen easily.
  • BaustinJr
    BaustinJr Member Posts: 3 New User
    I understand the SATA data cable, but where is the power going to come from for the second drive? If it is overly simple, please forgive my ignorance. 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @BaustinJr

The power will be from a SATA power connector from your power supply.

If you open up your PC and search, there should be some unused power connector wires. For some Acer desktops that may be hidden from plain view, probably at the lower left bottom inner wall of the PC extending from PSU to the front panel.

Be careful not to pull the wires by force, as it may possibly tangled with some front panel wires, don't break it.