Aspire 5 a515-52-568K Adding an additional SSD - challenges

Blanken
Blanken Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello Forum, I'm new here so pls forgive me if I have gotten something backwards...I have tried searching the interwebs but came up kinda short.

I have recently bought a Aspire 5 that is of a nordic model - see more info here. (norweigan site)

I have only one spare connector on the mb for any internal peripheral equipment, and that is a zif/lif (or whatever they're called) 12 pin.
See below. 

Beside this port is an area that will fit an SSD/HDD. With holes for a screw-in-cradle and all.

My question and the challenge is:

1. Is there any way to install a second drive (SATA SSD) in the above port?
      1.1 If so, will the LS-8943P, originally for the Acer Chromebook C710/Aspire V5-171 work in thos 2018 laptop??? It has the 12pin flat cable that would fit the port. According to the pictures i found looking around, some even say JHDD1 right on the FCB... But I'm no ACER engineer so It's just a guess...

PLS someone help me?!? Does someone actually have knowledge about this??

Answers

• Timmm
    Timmm Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm also wondering if that is the port to connect a second SSD?

I've seen a couple of youtube videos of installation of a second SSD but the models they used came with the mounting bracket, plug & switch tapped inside the laptop, mine doesn't have a mounting kit or plug and cable included so i'm wondering which mounting kit to use??
  • Sterces
    Sterces Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I honestly have no experience with that. However, there is a thing called a Disk Caddy that replaces your CD Drive with a HDD or SSD.
    I hope this info can be of use!
  • diazregil
    diazregil Member Posts: 8 New User
    Blanken said:
    Hello Forum, I'm new here so pls forgive me if I have gotten something backwards...I have tried searching the interwebs but came up kinda short.

I have recently bought a Aspire 5 that is of a nordic model - see more info here. (norweigan site)

I have only one spare connector on the mb for any internal peripheral equipment, and that is a zif/lif (or whatever they're called) 12 pin.
    See below. 

Beside this port is an area that will fit an SSD/HDD. With holes for a screw-in-cradle and all.

My question and the challenge is:

1. Is there any way to install a second drive (SATA SSD) in the above port?
          1.1 If so, will the LS-8943P, originally for the Acer Chromebook C710/Aspire V5-171 work in thos 2018 laptop??? It has the 12pin flat cable that would fit the port. According to the pictures i found looking around, some even say JHDD1 right on the FCB... But I'm no ACER engineer so It's just a guess...

PLS someone help me?!? Does someone actually have knowledge about this??

were you able to add the ssd?