Predator Helios 300 dropping frames when playing the game

FaisalD9
FaisalD9 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a Predator Helios 300 (i7-7700HQ, GTX1060) since a year and it was performing the best. Since last 2 days, it is not giving proper frame rate if I play a game.
Case 1: When I am playing F1 2018, the frames rates go down 30fps or below (sometimes it runs at 15fps).
Case 2: When I am playing FIFA 19, the farmes fluctuate between 20fps to 40 fps.
In both of these cases, i have played with the power adapter connected. and also I have also tested by doing some quirks which did not give me any positive result.
1. I thought maybe the predator sense isn't woking by itself, so I manually kept the fan speed to the max and played and it was the same laggy performance.
2. I re-installed the Geforce drivers but it was still not improving.
3. I had reset the settings to default in nvidia control panel and again no signs of improvement.

I doubt the reliability of the gpu hardware. but I hope I am wrong. Please help me resolve this issue.

Answers

• Uninstall the current nvidia driver and geforce experience. Then install only the 388.71 driver: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/388.71/388.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
    Many users are reporting problems with the new nvidia driver and are installing this driver to solve the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FaisalD9
    Uninstall the current nvidia driver and geforce experience. Then install only the 388.71 driver: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/388.71/388.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
    Many users are reporting problems with the new nvidia driver and are installing this driver to solve the problem!
    Should I also uninstall Audio Driver and PhysX System Software ?
  • FaisalD9
    Uninstall the current nvidia driver and geforce experience. Then install only the 388.71 driver: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/388.71/388.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
    After following your instructions, the games are running on 60fps smooth, no problem. But I feel there is a bit of quality degradation.
  • I suggest you uninstall the nvidia driver, the geforce experience and physx again and install the nvidia driver only individually!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)