Trying to fix my acer tablets firmware acer b1-730

frisckie
frisckie Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
So here is what has happened, my acer b1-730 has been stuck on the intel inside screen, and im trying to replace the firmware. No luck with getting into recovery, fastboot, or bootloader. I did end up having my pc automatically install device "cloverview", when i turned on my device while plugged in. Do you guys got a working version of adb for a device like mine?

Answers

• frisckie
    so anyone wanna help?  :persevere:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Remember this is a community forum, so you often don't get immediate gratification. :)

So, you downloaded the firmware image from the Acer support site and unzipped it. You grabbed a microSD card, made sure it was formatted FAT32 and copied the zip file that was in the original to the root directory on the SD. Then you started with your tablet off, inserted the SD card, pressed and held the volume up key and while holding it pressed and held the power button. Once the tablet starts up and vibrates you release the power button but keep holding the volume button for another five seconds. Release the volume button and you should get the menu. You want to select "apply update from external storage", use the volume up and down buttons to navigate the menu and press power to select. Select the zip file you placed on the SD card and it should install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • frisckie
    This doesnt help, i dont have an SD card so im trying to flash via my pc, and i cant get into recovery because its stuck on this intel inside screen
  • billsey
    Well, SD cards are pretty cheap, and the SD card install is what is supported... Can you borrow an SD card from a friend or something?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • frisckie
    already found one, but i still cant get into recovery
  • billsey
    edited December 2018
    Volume up is depends on the tablet orientation, maybe you're getting the down key instead?