Aspire One 1-431 Win 10 Drivers

Options
iwanttobreakmylaptop
iwanttobreakmylaptop Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all, I hope you can help me, I have an Aspire one 1-431 Model Name: AO1-431 Part Number: NX.SHGAA.001 I installed windows 10 and I have 4 driver I just can't seem to figure out. This is not my first rodeo, I have installed windows in many computers and have dealt with drivers just fine but with this laptop I just can't, I already went to support and downloaded all available drivers for this model, nothing worked, I have googled the hardware ids and installed the results but I either get that the device doesn't meet the requirements or it install just fine but I end up with the same 4 drivers with yellow mark. Please help me I am about to break this laptop lol. Thanks in advance. Here's the info for the drivers I need.
Also my trackpad is not working,I assume it has to do with one of those drivers.

PCI Device.
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C1&SUBSYS_106D1025&REV_21
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C1&SUBSYS_106D1025
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C1&CC_0C8000
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C1&CC_0C80
PCI Simple Communications Controller
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_228C&SUBSYS_106D1025&REV_21
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_228C&SUBSYS_106D1025
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_228C&CC_078000
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_228C&CC_0780
System DMA Controller
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C0&SUBSYS_106D1025&REV_21
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C0&SUBSYS_106D1025
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C0&CC_080102
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C0&CC_0801
System DMA Controller
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2286&SUBSYS_106D1025&REV_21
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2286&SUBSYS_106D1025
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2286&CC_080102
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2286&CC_0801

Best Answer

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>But before the BSOD the trackpad and everything else was working just fine.>>>2-3 days ago >>>

OK. I see the problem. The BIOS was set to legacy mode, probably when you tried to install Win10 from a MBR instead of a GPT partitioned boot stick. Can't do that. Set it back to UEFI mode. Just hope the hidden partition isn't gone or corrupted. Jack E/NJ
    Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with work.
    The BIOS was in fact set to legacy mode, I put it back to UEFI but when I boot it it says No Bootable Device. Further more in bios  GPT Partition Recovery is set to None and GPT Partition Record is No Record.
    Story of my life: I always go looking for support no matter the brand of the device I never get a straight answer and I always leave without the answer. I know you tried and I thank you for that. Funny thing is I always end up fixing it my self. In the BIOS there was a setting for Touchpad, it was set to advanced, I changed it to Basic and voila, problem fixed. Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you tried to reset the machine to a factory fresh state using the ALT+F10 cold boot method? Shut down Windows? Then press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds till it's completely off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. If a recovery screen appears then follow the video below to reset.  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Have you tried to reset the machine to a factory fresh state using the ALT+F10 cold boot method? Shut down Windows? Then press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds till it's completely off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. If a recovery screen appears then follow the video below to reset.  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Hi JackE, thank for replying, I tried the reset already and still turns on with a bunch of unknown devices, most of them get updated and drivers installed automatically in about 10 mins or so all but those 4 I mentioned earlier.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> most of them get updated and drivers installed automatically in about 10 mins or so all but those 4 I mentioned earlier. >>>

If the ALT+F10 cold boot reset works, then re-do it. Except this time unplug the router from the modem so there's no internet connection. I'd like to see Device Manager before an internet connection is made. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>> most of them get updated and drivers installed automatically in about 10 mins or so all but those 4 I mentioned earlier. >>>

If the ALT+F10 cold boot reset works, then re-do it. Except this time unplug the router from the modem so there's no internet connection. I'd like to see Device Manager before an internet connection is made. Jack E/NJ 
    I did it once more, this time was not connected to the internet only the same 4 drivers appear, no more than that.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I installed windows 10 >>>

What did you mean by this in your first post? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I installed windows 10 >>>

What did you mean by this in your first post? Jack E/NJ
    Initially the computer started getting a BSOD I don't remember the exact error code I tried to reset and it would give me that error "there was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made" and it would go back to the original BSOD so I downloaded the Windows image creator tool from microsoft and "burnt" the img to the USB and did a clean install.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. That explains what we're dealing with here. The installation you originally tried  was the Microsoft generic Win10 version. The reset you initially tried from inside the ACER-flavored Win10 and the ALT+F10 cold boot method re-installed the ACER-flavored Win10 version. The generic and ACER Win10s are not the same mainly due to driver incompatibilities. Before we move on with possible workarounds, please let me know if you also tried changing the original BIOS firmware. I'd also like to know if you chose the remove everything option when trying to do the factory reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    OK. That explains what we're dealing with here. The installation you originally tried  was the Microsoft generic Win10 version. The reset you initially tried from inside the ACER-flavored Win10 and the ALT+F10 cold boot method re-installed the ACER-flavored Win10 version. The generic and ACER Win10s are not the same mainly due to driver incompatibilities. Before we move on with possible workarounds, please let me know if you also tried changing the original BIOS firmware. I'd also like to know if you chose the remove everything option when trying to do the factory reset. Jack E/NJ
    Oh OK, I understand now. I selected the "remove everything" on both the ACER-flavored win10 that I originally had and the new generic win10 version. 
    I did not change anything on the BIOS nor I flashed the BIOS firmware so that should be as it came from factory.
  • JackE
    Options
    Well, if the generic Win10 installation didn't mess up the hidden ACER factory recovery partition (which is sometimes does), then the ALT+F10 cold boot method should've installed all the correct Device Manager drivers with no yellow or red warnings ***IF the devices themselves are OK***. The 4 devices you listed all suggest mainboard buss issues that connect the CPU to various controllers like memory access, mousepad etc. Due to the BSOD  I'd almost immediately suggest reseating the RAM module a few times to clean its contacts but I can't because it's soldered to the mainboard like a lot of other components in this model. Sorry, not much can be done with this mainboard other than trying a solder reflow which seems impractical.  I can only suggest re-doing the ACER re-set and hoping for a better result. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Well, if the generic Win10 installation didn't mess up the hidden ACER factory recovery partition (which is sometimes does), then the ALT+F10 cold boot method should've installed all the correct Device Manager drivers with no yellow or red warnings ***IF the devices themselves are OK***. The 4 devices you listed all suggest mainboard buss issues that connect the CPU to various controllers like memory access, mousepad etc. Due to the BSOD  I'd almost immediately suggest reseating the RAM module a few times to clean its contacts but I can't because it's soldered to the mainboard like a lot of other components in this model. Sorry, not much can be done with this mainboard other than trying a solder reflow which seems impractical.  I can only suggest re-doing the ACER re-set and hoping for a better result. Jack E/NJ 
    But before the BSOD the trackpad and everything else was working just fine. and the error I looked up for the BSOD didn't mention anything hardware related. Is there any way I can just install the ACER-flavored win10 version? 
  • JackE
    Options
    ALT+F10 cold boot reset is the ACER-flavored Win10 installation package! It derives from a hidden ACER Win10 recovery partition on your HDD.  But you said you already tried it and got the same Device Manager result. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Hold on! I just want to check on something. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Can you bring up the run command by pressing the WINkey+Rkey. If so, enter msinfo32. What BIOS version do you see? What total physical memory is displayed? Then click on the Hardware resources folder. Then conflcts/sharing. Anything highlighted? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Can you bring up the run command by pressing the WINkey+Rkey. If so, enter msinfo32. What BIOS version do you see? What total physical memory is displayed? Then click on the Hardware resources folder. Then conflcts/sharing. Anything highlighted? Jack E/NJ
    BIOS Version/Date: Insyde Corp. V1.09, 10/29/2015
    SMBIOS Version: 2.8
    BIOS Mode: Legacy

Total Physical Memory: 1.92GB

System Information report written at: 12/10/18 16:33:15
    System Name: DESKTOP-LI2QEU4
    [Conflicts/Sharing]

Resource Device
    IRQ 10 Intel(R) Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) SM Bus Controller - 2292
    IRQ 10 System DMA Controller
    IRQ 10 PCI Simple Communications Controller
    I/O Port 0x00000070-0x00000070 Motherboard resources
    I/O Port 0x00000070-0x00000070 System CMOS/real time clock
    IRQ 11 System DMA Controller
    IRQ 11 PCI Device
    Memory Address 0x80000000-0x8FFFFFFF Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Memory Address 0x80000000-0x8FFFFFFF PCI Express Root Complex
    Memory Address 0x91000000-0x910FFFFF PCI-to-PCI Bridge
    Memory Address 0x91000000-0x910FFFFF Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    Memory Address 0xFED80000-0xFEDBFFFF Motherboard resources
    Memory Address 0xFED80000-0xFEDBFFFF Intel Serial IO GPIO Controller
    Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI Express Root Complex
    IRQ 91 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    IRQ 91 Intel Serial IO GPIO Controller

• JackE
    Options
    >>>But before the BSOD the trackpad and everything else was working just fine.>>>
    Roughly when did this happen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>But before the BSOD the trackpad and everything else was working just fine.>>>
    Roughly when did this happen? Jack E/NJ
    2-3 days ago
  • iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    BUMP......
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>But before the BSOD the trackpad and everything else was working just fine.>>>2-3 days ago >>>

OK. I see the problem. The BIOS was set to legacy mode, probably when you tried to install Win10 from a MBR instead of a GPT partitioned boot stick. Can't do that. Set it back to UEFI mode. Just hope the hidden partition isn't gone or corrupted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:

The BIOS was in fact set to legacy mode, I put it back to UEFI but when I boot it it says No Bootable Device. Further more in bios  GPT Partition Recovery is set to None and GPT Partition Record is No Record.
  • iwanttobreakmylaptop

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    JackE said:

Story of my life: I always go looking for support no matter the brand of the device I never get a straight answer and I always leave without the answer. I know you tried and I thank you for that. Funny thing is I always end up fixing it my self. In the BIOS there was a setting for Touchpad, it was set to advanced, I changed it to Basic and voila, problem fixed. Thanks.