Help with no bootable device found Aspire V3-771

Rattymum48
Rattymum48 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi not tech savvy newby here needing help.
Left my Aspire V3-771 in conservatory overnight,in morning found rain had leaked in and laptop was wet on top and underneath. I immediately unplugged mains cable and removed battery and left it on a towel for 24 hours. Now it switches on but says no bootable device detected? Also on the bios screen it says
HDD0 model name NONE
HDD0 serial number BLANK
HDD1 model name NONE
HDD1 serial number BLANK
ATAPI model number PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD11RS
Does this mean it's technically knackered?? 
Hope someone can help...
Thanks

Answers

• OK! I recommend that you try to reset the battery. To do this, disconnect the notebook from the electrical outlet and disconnect the battery. Then press the power button for thirty seconds and test!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rattymum48
    Hi thanks for replying. I've tried that and nothing happens..although the Acer logo screen comes on now,stays on for about 40 seconds then the no bootable device screen comes on! 
    When boot manager screen comes up it shows an up arrow and a down arrow but nothing else,no list to go up or down (if you know what I mean) 
    Thanks again. 
  • Have you tried putting another hd to see if the problem remains?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rattymum48
    Hi sorry forgot to reply.. I've purchased a new hd so when it arrives I will try that. Can I just pick your brains a bit more please? 
    The laptop was windows 8 when I bought it then upgraded to windows 10 at the time it was offered. But there was no installation disk originally so I don't know what to do about getting the windows 10 version back? 
    I do have a windows 7 home edition installation disk with authorisation key from years ago,should I use that? 
    Thanks again for your patience and your help.xx
  • When Microsoft released Windows 10 for free, it provided a digital key! This digital key is linked to the hardware of your computer and to activate it again, just put the same user and password that you used to activate windows 10!
    To install windows 10, you must download it here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Then choose the option to save to the pendrive!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer