no card recognized in pcie slot 4 Acer Orion 9000 with 7800x processor

FransvdBerg
FransvdBerg Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I have a brand new acer orion 9000 with i7 7800x processor, but pcie slot 4 will not recognize any pcie card , not a pcie x 1 firewire card, also not a pcie x 1 Esata card ???
Can anyone with the same machine confirm this ???

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm guessing you mean the PCIe 1x slot closest to the case bottom? It should support anything that meets the PCIe 1x revision 2.0 spec. If it's not then it's time to contact Acer support.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm guessing you mean the PCIe 1x slot closest to the case bottom? It should support anything that meets the PCIe 1x revision 2.0 spec. If it's not then it's time to contact Acer support.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FransvdBerg
    FransvdBerg Member Posts: 20 Networker
    My Acer Repair centre in the netherlands have contacted Taiwan headquaters, because after a motherboard change pcie_e slot 4 still will not work. It is confirmed by Acer Taiwan Headquaters that pci_s slot 4 will indeed not work and is disabled when using the i7 serie processors. An upgrade to i9 processors should enable pci_s slot 4. This whole problem did cost me 3 months without using a brand new pc at all. After the motherboard change also the overclock button did not work, because predator sense was not installed and could not be installed because probably the bios name  had changed and did not permit the predatorsense software to be installed.
    My Orion p09-900 was ment for Digital Audio Workstation and so i needed all 4 pci-E slots, thats why i soon discovered the problem. I don't think many Orion pc owners are aware of this .