Windows 10 freeze when laptop is idle.

RegosGabor
RegosGabor Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi! I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop. Yesterday I installed an m.2 sata 500gb ssd in it. I cloned to hdd to it, changeed boot order, formatted the HDD. This works perfectly until I leave the laptop idle. It fully freezes and I can't do anything with it except shutting it off with the power button. Somebody please help.

Best Answers

• SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Well I'll suggest you do a clean/fresh install of Windows on your ssd. Simply move your essential data to hhd and resinstall windows on ssd.
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • SalarX
    Answer ✓
    vkk said:
    SalarX said:
    Well I'll suggest you do a clean/fresh install of Windows on your ssd. Simply move your essential data to hhd and resinstall windows on ssd.
    Does this laptop have a recovery partition? How to do a clean install ?
    I doubt it has a recovery partition. You can do Clean install by opening Windows Security -> Device performance and Health -> Additional info -> Get started, then fellow the instructions on screen. Remember it removes your personal files so make sure to back them up.
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3

Answers

• SalarX
    Answer ✓
  • vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    SalarX said:
  • SalarX
    Answer ✓
    vkk said:
    SalarX said:
    I doubt it has a recovery partition. You can do Clean install by opening Windows Security -> Device performance and Health -> Additional info -> Get started, then fellow the instructions on screen. Remember it removes your personal files so make sure to back them up.
  • SalarX
    SalarX said:
    vkk said:
    SalarX said:
    Or just Use Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and re-install Windows by booting USB and reformatting partitions.