Sudden static noise from headphones and soft speakers

Options
wenbin1
wenbin1 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I purchased a GX-781 CPU, running windows 10 just 5 months ago. 

4 days ago, my speakers suddenly became super soft at max volume. The speakers has a 3.5mm audio jack connected to the rear audio jack (green) and a USB connector for power. The speakers work just fine when i plug it into another computer.

Additionally, my earphones that were plugged in to my front audio port started to have this faint static noise, and when the computer workload increases (playing games), this static noise level increases too.

What i tried to resolve the issue:
- Re-plugging the 3.5mm jack
- Trying the front audio port
- Re-installing of the audio drivers
- Updating of audio drivers
- Plugging in a new set of speakers and earphones.
- Rolling back to the previous windows update
- Restarting PC multiple times
- Complete full-restore of PC

I have no mic set up, so i don't think its the feedback of the mic.
My electrical plugs all have grounding in them.

Could it be an issue with the soundcard or motherboard?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's probably worth looking at where the from audio cable connects to the motherboard (header right behind the rear audio connectors), in case there's something obvious awry there. If nothing pops out it's likely best to contact Acer support for warranty repair. As you surmise it's probably a grounding problem, but there's not a lot of complexity there short of getting into the motherboard components. There is no separate sound card, it's part of the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's probably worth looking at where the from audio cable connects to the motherboard (header right behind the rear audio connectors), in case there's something obvious awry there. If nothing pops out it's likely best to contact Acer support for warranty repair. As you surmise it's probably a grounding problem, but there's not a lot of complexity there short of getting into the motherboard components. There is no separate sound card, it's part of the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.