Washed out colors on my E15 576G

Justin2018
Justin2018 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just received my Acer E15-576G and the colors are all washed out, the reds are appearing as orange, it is really disappointing.

I have an IPS panel and the MX150 graphics card. I have tried playing with the Intel settings by right clicking on the desktop and adjusting some of the menus there but it made only a slight difference.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click Display adapter folder. Right click Intel adapter. Properties. What Intel driver version number do you see?

Also, press the WINkey + Rkey. Enter msinfo32. What BIOS version number do you see in the right panel?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Justin2018
    edited December 2018
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click Display adapter folder. Right click Intel adapter. Properties. What Intel driver version number do you see?

Also, press the WINkey + Rkey. Enter msinfo32. What BIOS version number do you see in the right panel?

Jack E/NJ
    Your second request was pretty straight forward and it read as: Insyde Corp. V1.47, 06/09/2018

First one wasn't as straight forward but l think l retrieved it; l went to: System > Display > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > [Adapter type] properties > Driver > Driver version 24.20.100.6170

Thanks in advance, Jack!
  • JackE
    OK, you got the latest BIOS. But the Intel driver looks like a generic version that Win10 update probably put there. Just to double check the driver version, right click on the Windows start icon on the left taskbar. Click Device Manager. Click display adapters folder. Right click the intel adapter. Click properties. Then driver tab. If it's stil says 24.20.100.6170, then go here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1  to download and try to install the first intel vga driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Justin2018
    JackE said:
    OK, you got the latest BIOS. But the Intel driver looks like a generic version that Win10 update probably put there. Just to double check the driver version, right click on the Windows start icon on the left taskbar. Click Device Manager. Click display adapters folder. Right click the intel adapter. Click properties. Then driver tab. If it's stil says 24.20.100.6170, then go here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1  to download and try to install the first intel vga driver. Jack E/NJ

Do you mean the second one on your screen captured list? Thanks again Jack
  • Justin2018
    l will add once more that l have the NVIDIA GeForce MX150 as well.
  • Justin2018
    I installed the drivers for the VGA Driver for RS4.
  • JackE
    The nvidia card shouldn't be the source of the problem except if it's called upon during gaming. Please report results of changing the Intel driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Justin2018
    which driver from the screen captured list though?
  • JackE
    I said earlier>>> If it's stil says 24.20.100.6170, then go here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1  to download and try to install the first intel vga driver.>>>

Then you said later>>>I installed the drivers for the VGA Driver for RS4. >>>

So what's the result? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Justin2018
    JackE said:
    I said earlier>>> If it's stil says 24.20.100.6170, then go here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1  to download and try to install the first intel vga driver.>>>

Then you said later>>>I installed the drivers for the VGA Driver for RS4. >>>

So what's the result? Jack E/NJ
    Hey Jack
    I had to uninstall almost immediately as the whole unit was lagging, jpegs and images were scroll loading, this was for the RS4 driver, the only one l tried.
  • JackE
    Next on the list? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Justin2018
    I ran the automatic updates but right clicking on the driver and clicking update, that was yesterday night.

I just downloaded the VGA Driver (Intel) second on the list and to be honest here l can't notice much difference.
  • JackE
    Have you tried Control Panel color management instead of Intel graphics app to improve things by using Windows color calibration tool? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ