GPU Fan on my Acer Predator Helios 300 is blowing air in wrong direction

JC6986
JC6986 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
GPU fan of my laptop is blowing air from bottom of my laptop 

as per my knowledge , fan is working in opposite direction, please help me with this

Best Answer

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    JC6986 said:
    tobimaru said:
    How are you determining the airflow of the fan?

I used predatorSense to increase the speed of the fan and you can literally feel air comin out of it

I am still very much doubtful there is a way to reverse a single fan to exhaust from the bottom. Look at the design of your laptop, the intake sits directly below the fans. The fans only fit one way as they are side-by-side and connected directly to the heatsink. Even if it were possible to flip the fan around and have it blowing opposite the other fan, it would still exhaust from the back. I think you are simply feeling the residual airflow when the fan is at maximum RPM. This is nearly identical to the cooling solution on the Nitro 5, which intakes from the bottom and exhausts out the back.

Answers

• fejerm
    fejerm Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    You mean it's taking air from bottom and blowing out from the back or it is taking air from the back ?
  • JC6986
    yeah its taking air from back and blowing out from bottom
  • tobimaru

• PredatorHelios500
    PredatorHelios500 Member Posts: 74 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018
    You could try the steps in this video

• JC6986
    tobimaru said:

I used predatorSense to increase the speed of the fan and you can literally feel air comin out of it

• tobimaru
    Answer ✓
    JC6986 said:
    tobimaru said:

I am still very much doubtful there is a way to reverse a single fan to exhaust from the bottom. Look at the design of your laptop, the intake sits directly below the fans. The fans only fit one way as they are side-by-side and connected directly to the heatsink. Even if it were possible to flip the fan around and have it blowing opposite the other fan, it would still exhaust from the back. I think you are simply feeling the residual airflow when the fan is at maximum RPM. This is nearly identical to the cooling solution on the Nitro 5, which intakes from the bottom and exhausts out the back.

• JC6986
    tobimaru said:
    JC6986 said:
    tobimaru said:

Thank you for the information you gave, it cleared my mind 
    turns out I found my problem, it was the back side of the laptop with full of dust , stopping laptop to Blow air out
    I used my vacuum Cleaner to suck dust out and think what?
    it worked !!

Thank you so much for helping me, even that Video posted by PredatorHelios500 was so funny
    thank you.