Fortnite suddenly runs on 60 fps with Acer nitro 5

AhmadZainideen
AhmadZainideen Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an acer nitro 5with 
-gtx 1050 ti
-Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I changed something according yo a youtube video in the "regedit" and I don't know if this is the source but ever since iv been running fortnite on 60 fps when I had 130+ average fps.

I lost hope and said I would reset pc (format) to reset the settings and when I did and redownloaded fortnite, my fps is still on 60 and logically gpu 1050 should run at 130+ fps when on low settings .

Please help I have tried everything.

Best Answer

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Within nVidia Control Panel '3D Settings', do you have VSYNC enabled? This is one way of limiting the FPS in-game. I don't have Fortnite but it could also have a built-in FPS cap within the game settings? Worth looking.

There has also been a rise in problems relating to the latest GeForce drivers released. A number of people are reporting that rolling back their nvidia drivers to a previous version improves performance. As a LAST resort, I would try this option.

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Within nVidia Control Panel '3D Settings', do you have VSYNC enabled? This is one way of limiting the FPS in-game. I don't have Fortnite but it could also have a built-in FPS cap within the game settings? Worth looking.

There has also been a rise in problems relating to the latest GeForce drivers released. A number of people are reporting that rolling back their nvidia drivers to a previous version improves performance. As a LAST resort, I would try this option.