I am looking at installing Android x86 Marshmellow on our Windows 8 Tablets - Acer Iconia W4 EE6

SCrampKC
SCrampKC Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hiya everyone!

Acer Iconia W4 Series Model: EE6

I am having a bit of an issue with installing Android ISO onto our no longer in use tablets. 

They currently have Windows 8.1 installed and have been disconnected from our Domain, as the tablets are no longer in use because they are not needed in the department at the college. 

I would like to install Android OS on them for specific use for the college. 

I have downloaded the correct ISO image for Android v6, I used Unetboot tool to format it on to a USB stick, at first when I booted it would allow me to boot from USB but now it's not even on the boot menu or when im on the BIOS boot order its not picking it up in that either unlike the once it did before. 

How do I get back so I can boot from USB... 

Ive tried some troubleshooting ideas but nothing is working... 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • SCrampKC
    Rudy21 said:
    This is the tutorial I have tried - but the usb still does not come up in the boot menu
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    The most common issue is trying to boot a legacy USB on a device with the BIOS set for UEFI though I am not sure why it was booting then and does not now. Have you tried reloading the USB drive ? It may have been corrupted.
  • SCrampKC
    padgett said:
    The most common issue is trying to boot a legacy USB on a device with the BIOS set for UEFI though I am not sure why it was booting then and does not now. Have you tried reloading the USB drive ? It may have been corrupted.

Yes i even tried it on a new usb stick.