Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

E5-571-741L Screen Upgrade

wgrech92wgrech92 Posts: 2Member New User
Hey everyone, first post over here. Basically as the title suggests I would like to upgrade my laptop screen from 1336x768 to a 1920x1080 IPS panel. I've seen a couple of posts on this forum but not for my specific laptop model number. Could anyone point me to some compatible options I could purchase cos I'm a bit confused when it comes to 1 vs 2 cables etc.. I've included and image with serial numbers and a screenshot of my system display information. CPU is an i7-5500. Thank you!

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,402ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please remove the sensitive information like S/N numbers and SNID numbers from your post, they are unique to your laptop and shouldn't be available to public.
    Please install HWinFO64 free program and run it, expand Monitor and post the model number of current panel.
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

• wgrech92wgrech92 Posts: 2Member New User
    Hi, thanks for replying. I was not aware that it could be harmful in any way to post the s/n and SNID numbers. I would like to remove them but it seems there is no "edit" button on my original post... would appreciate it if you could tell me how (apologies for my incompetence) as for the model number for current panel, this is what came up:

I had already taken the panel out this morning ad took note of the sticker info for both panel and cable as listed below:

thank you.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,402ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    No problem, no need for an apology, don't worry the moderators will delete it for you, yes you can install a FHD panel, the cable will be fine, read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/476655/aspire-e5-571-screen-upgrade