m.2 ssd

gunkulus
gunkulus Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi people,
I have a PH317-52-51M6 (m.2 128GB + 1TB HDD, 1050Ti). I would like to upgade the m.2. Does the board support SATA or PCI-E? What is the maximum possible capacity of the ssd?
G
M
T
Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @gunkulus
    Storage Subsystem
    • SATA HDD
     Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay) or Optane (16G/32G)
     Storage 2 : 7/9.5mm co-lay (supports HDD Door)

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @gunkulus
    Storage Subsystem
    • SATA HDD

• Jack22
    MAximum Size of the SSD

• gunkulus
    Jack22 said:
    MAximum Size of the SSD

Which SSD has 5400 rpm?
    No, no i just want to upgrade the m.2 ssd, but i wasn't sure if the motherboard supports allready PCIe or only SATA.
  • gunkulus
    Jack22 said:
    @gunkulus
    Storage Subsystem
    • SATA HDD

I

I read some reviews,  that the bios only can handle SSDs with a maximum of 512GB. Or is there no limit?
  • Jack22
    @gunkulus
    Only the HDD has the rpm. So if you going to put a HDD you can see the speed and the vendor models on the above table.