My Acer predator g-710 just keeps crashing and freezing

LemonPoding
LemonPoding Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
So lately my computer which is a g710 predator with intel 5 processor and gtx 970 have been freezing and crashing for an unknown reason. Ive tried almost everything everyone says. I have updated all my drivers to the latest, i have rebooted my pc 1 bilion times, i have reinstalled my computer but sometimes it does not want to do that for some reason and everytime i boot in to safe mode it just keeps telling me that nothing of the commands there works like i try to scan my computer to see what the problem was. And it just says that it did not work and shuts down. It drives me nuts and sometimes i get the blue screen with the sad face for no reason. I have not done anything to the computer all i have is steam games, league of legends, discord and google thats it! Please help me i dont know what the problem is!

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I have updated all my drivers to the latest
    This could be your issue right here. When you 'update' to the latest video drivers, you are going away from the manufacturer specific driver included with your machine. This almost always results in poor performance or system issues on a laptop. I would input your exact laptop model in the Acer Downloads site (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers) and re-install the factory video drivers that came with your laptop.

Additionally, when you get the BSOD it is always accompanied with an error message at the bottom. What is the exact error of your BSOD when it happens? This will give you an idea of exactly what crashed. You can look at previous Windows crashes/errors in the Event Viewer.

• LemonPoding
    Well my computer is not a laptop is a desktop, and yes i have done that as well i have updated almost everything there including the processors and it still freezez i dont get it !
  • LemonPoding
    Ok i think i fixed my problem, what i did anyways was i first went in to safe mode on the pc and downloaded DDU Driver uninstaller. And after my driver uninstalled i installed an older version of Nvida gtx driver and then i tried to play a game and it seem to work. The problem i think was that a file apperenlty was not downloaded when you download the newest driver. I have no idea why it does not but here is the forum i used to help me. If you are from sweden i recommend using the 8th or 10th way https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1459640-nvlddmkm-sys-guide . Thanks anyways for trying to help me.