Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

GPU WORK AT 100% BUT WITH LOW FPS

Ariel35Ariel35 Posts: 5Member New User
edited December 4 in Predator Laptops
Hello, i have an Predator Helios 500 with i7-7700HQ and GTX1060 all working fine since i bought it, but suddenly today i start csgo after 2 weeks without playing any games and bum 90fps at max with all low (v-sync disable of course, and fps_max 999), i open the task manager in windows, and the gpu was on 100% utilization (before never even reach 90% because csgo it's limited by the CPU, and have 300fps), but the fans aren't spinning that fast, practically in idle. I thought to myself, well maybe my windows put himself for some strange reason in power saving after an update or something, but no, i search all the power setting in my laptop and change it to high performance, even all advanced settings to make sure that the pci-e wasn't on power saving, also i open the nvidia control panel and set all global settings to the highest performance.

For some strange reason it's like my gtx1060 are in some kind of power saving mode, because it's impossible to be in 100% utilization with that low fps (my cpu is 50% in all cores, csgo is set in multicore rendering for use all my cpu cores, before the CPU was on almost 100%). I'm not a newbie with pc's so is not like i don't know what to do, but it never happend to me something this weird, really that 100% gpu utilization seems very rare, if it's in power saving mode shouldn't even reach 70%. Even in the menu with 120fps lock, by the command fps_max_menu 120, the gpu it's in 60% when should be like 10%.

I also reinstall the nvidia drivers, reboot, but nothing changed.

Edit: My Intel HD Graphics 630, is not in use, 0% .

Best Answers

• ATR42ATR42 Posts: 36 Devotee
    edited December 5 Accepted Answer
    Roll back the nvidia drivers. The dec 2nd driver update is broke. Use driver 417

Helios 500 . PH517-51-72NU . i7 8750H . GTX1070 . Evo 970 nvme

• hamzatmqahamzatmqa Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 5 Accepted Answer
    okay guys thanks to ATR42 he saved our lives download the old Nvidia Version https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/140341 install it and restart your laptop and there you go 

FAQ & Answers