How do I change boot order? Acer Predator Helios 500 (AMD version)

Options
ACustomer1234
ACustomer1234 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
How do I change the boot order?  There isn't anything in the BIOS that lets me set this.

I have 2x hard drives in the bios.  Nothing lets me set which hard drive to boot to.  Instead, there is only the "Windows Boot Manager" with no option to deviate from that.

Answers

• ACustomer1234
    Options
    Also, how do I make it boot to USB?  I don't see that either.
  • ACustomer1234
    Options
    I forgot to say please and thank you.  Please, and Thank You :)
  • Razamax
    Razamax Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I do not know if it will give you the option to choose which HDD to boot from, but you can make it boot from a booatable USB flash drive. What I did was to enable the "choose boot options by pressing F12 at boot" option in BIOS. I do not remember where it was but since there are only a handful of options that you can change in this BIOS, so you should not have any difficulty finding it.

After that insert a bootable usb flash drive and boot the machine while pressing F12, it should give you the option to boot either the windows boot manager or the bootable usb.

Hope this helps

~Raza
  • Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    while attempting to fix the non bootable error. At first Windows boot manager was the number one and only boot option in the boot option menu. Now there is an anyting in the boot manager menu. What do I do at this point
  • Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Predator Helios 500. Thanks