android is upgrading optimizing app 1 of 1 on Acer Iconia One 7

Options
zhong
zhong Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Every time I turn on the  Acer Iconia One 7 tablet I get this-

android is upgrading optimizing app 1 of 1

This happened just recently it never happened before.

How do I fix this to prevent it from happening ?

Thanks

Zhong

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is there any indication at all which app it's doing? I'd guess the app is slightly corrupted and the repair isn't working. Uninstalling and reinstalling should fix it. You can also back everything up and just do a full reset, then reinstall.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • zhong
    Options

I tried to uninstall and install new version of apps which needed to be updated, which I suspect is causing the problem.
    However after done so. Still the same thing.

Any sofware I could use which backs up all the data and apps on the tablet ?

Thanks
    Zhong

billse
    y said:
    Is there any indication at all which app it's doing? I'd guess the app is slightly corrupted and the repair isn't working. Uninstalling and reinstalling should fix it. You can also back everything up and just do a full reset, then reinstall.

• billsey
    Options
    I back mine up with Google, they sync data such as pictures and music and also keep track of the apps I have installed to allow easy reinstallation.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • zhong
    Options

Do they backup third party apps tooor do they block them  ?

Thanks

Zhong

billsey said:
    I back mine up with Google, they sync data such as pictures and music and also keep track of the apps I have installed to allow easy reinstallation.

• billsey
    Options
    I doubt they will have any side loaded apps backed up, their normal restore procedure starts with an install of the latest revision from the Play Store.
  • davejohn1313
    davejohn1313 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Difficult to know what app is doing that. I am not going to uninstall an app if there is not a problem with it. How am I supposed to know WHICH app is causing the problem? I am not going to uninstall them all.