Why won't my dvd drive read disks?

Options
beshults
beshults Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an ACER Aspire E15 and after upgrading to Windows 10 my dvd drive won't read any disks.  When a disk is inserted into the drive, the green light comes on but then goes off and nothing happens.  I get a "no media available" error. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the dvd drive.  I have checked the driver update and windows says I am up-to-date.  It says my  dvd driver update is from 2006.  I have done every troubleshooting I can think of and nothing has worked.  Anyone have any suggestions on anything else I can try or am I out-of-luck and have a bad dvd drive?

Answers

• TAP
    TAP Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.  DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS.  MY E 15 (E5-576G-5762 IS JUST FIVE DAYS OLD.
  • Jempens
    Jempens Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem, with my Acer. Guess I'm done with Acer and their products. Have downloaded several DVD apps, none of them work. Will go back to Microsoft or Dell.
  • buffalogal11
    buffalogal11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have had my ACER for about six months and just tried to download Turbo Tax.  Nothing happens.  ACER why are you not responding to the questions?