Compatible Stylus? Cp-315

JustStylusQuestion
JustStylusQuestion Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2021 in Chromebooks
I hate the terrible clunk of a capacitive stylus, very difficult to use given how I hold a pen. This is on the Spin 15 chromebook. I was wondering if there is a fine tip stylus (active is just fine, I don't mind paying extra for it) that will work for handwritten note-taking for school. The issue is that capacitive styluses (styli, styuli?) have a very flat and hard to maneuver plastic pieces that constantly get in the way of accurate pen strokes. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Go here to find which active pens should work with each ACER model https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JustStylusQuestion
    JustStylusQuestion Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Go here to find which active pens should work with each ACER model https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675  Jack E/NJ

Hey, thank you for your reply! Unfortunately my computer, the Spin 15, isn't listed here. I see the 311 listed, the sister to the CP-315, but I'm aware there are auxiliary difference between the two that could include active stylus support. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Stay tuned for updates to the list. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mact
    mact Member Posts: 1 New User
    the Old resistive styli, like those available 10 for $2 on eBay, won't work. You need capacitive styli which you can still get on eBay (or elsewhere) but for a little bit more.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The models in the CP-3 lineup will have an N in the model number (CP311-1N as an example) if they support an active stylus. The only model like yours I see is the CP315-1H, so no active stylus will work. There are some capacitive pens that have a clear plastic tip that's wide enough to trigger. The tip has a center swivel post that the pen body attaches to and you can see the screen under.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.