Touchpad (Model is A315-51-50BU)

Sandy1965
Sandy1965 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a brand new laptop.  The touchpad doesn't work.  I have  downloaded and installed the driver per the website instructions but it still isn't working.  It picks up my USB mouse but nothing on the touch/track pad.  Please help!

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please go to BIOS(press F2 as soon as you press power button), move to Main tab, check whether the touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is switch to Advanced. By the way, what's your laptop model name, like Ex-xxx.

• Sandy1965
    I'll try that now - thank you.  Model is A315-51-50BU
  • Sandy1965
    Hi there,  Have checked and it is on advanced setting.  It does, however, say to check that the I2C driver is installed?  Where do I find this?  Thanks
  • Sandy1965
    Well I found that, it is already installed on my laptop.  There is however an issue with it: This device cannot start. (Code 10) and A request for the HID descriptor failed. These are the messages I get when I open it from the device manager.  I tried to update the driver, however, the return message I get is that the latest version is already installed on my laptop.  Would really appreciate any further assistance as I have no idea where to go from here!
  • Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices, right click I2C HID device, select properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• Sandy1965
    I have done this and I'm back in the same boat.  Still giving the same errors as before?
  • Hi,
    OK, give this a try, go to Acer support site and download Quick Access application, then go to Programs in Control panel and uninstall the current installation, install the downloaded application and reboot.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7210?b=1
  • Sandy1965
    Hi there, So I have a rather dumb question.  I've done what you suggested above.  However, when I reinstall, I'm installing to C:/ drive on This computer.  When i go back to programs on control panel its not there.  Then I tried to install to C:/program files, it then brings up a bunch of files, the first being Acer but I don't think I should be installing it there?  Could you please tell me where to extract the files to, to reinstall?  Apologies for my lack of tech savvy
  • Hi,
    You don't have to do that, Setup files will do it for you, for installation please follow the steps:
    1.Download the Quick Access Application from Acer support site.
    2.Right click the .zip file and select "Extract All".
    3.Double click extracted folder.
    4.Right click "Setup" file and select "Run as Administrator"
    that's all you have to do.

• Sandy1965
    Thank you.  I have done that, however, the touchpad is still not working., the I2C driver still won't open and continues to display:This device cannot start. (Code 10) and A request for the HID descriptor failed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this and the quick access now, anything else you can suggest?  I'm actually very upset as the laptop is 100% brand new, surely these things shouldn't happen on a new device? 
  • Hi,
    I can think of only Reset the PC, make sure you backup all your important data and follow the instructions in this link:https://www.lifewire.com/reset-this-pc-complete-walkthrough-2624538
    OR
    Go to Settings(click the gear wheel at start) click Update and security tile, click Recovery in the left pane and click Reset this PC.

• geek01
    geek01 Member Posts: 3 New User
    hey i have the same issue please help me i installed the driver and checked the bios and when i restart my laptop nothing change