Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

V2-772G-9822 laptop: Where is the master / pinhole reset?

If I shut off power on this machine, I have to wait weeks before I am able to start it again.  I suspect the CMOS battery is weak, but I don't know how to get to it or to perform a master reset.  Anybody know how to do that on this laptop?  Thank you.

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 10,972ACE Trailblazer
    To reset the battery, unplug the charger. On the bottom, a battery door #4 release button #1 is pushed to one side with a ballpoint pen. Open the door and pull the battery out for about 30 seconds. Push the battery back in. Let it rest for about 5 mins. Turn it back on. Jack E?NJ

• multiparadigmmultiparadigm Posts: 3Member New User
    Thanks but I'm looking for the master reset.  This would usually be accessed via a pinhole.  It momentarily shorts out the coin cell voltage, clearing CMOS memory.
  • JackEJackE Posts: 10,972ACE Trailblazer
    The CMOS coin cell reset jumper JRST2001 is located behind the RAM module. Jack E/NJ