Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

M.2 SSD wont show up in BIOS boot list. NItro 5 AN515 53 FA

manuuchihamanuuchiha Posts: 6Member New User
I installed a M.2 SSD samsung 970 evo on my Nitro 5 and already installed windows 10 from a USB on it and is working fine but it wont show up in the BIOS boot list so i can set it to boot from it.
Could someone tell me why? thanks.

FAQ & Answers

• IVAN_PCIVAN_PC Posts: 3,356ACE Pathfinder
    Hi.

If the installation medium is well done from the middle of windows 10 offered by microsoft, it would be to enter into bios and disable the secure boot, once you disable the restart with the pendrive connected, it should be seen in the bios.

regards.
    If this is "the answer," click "Accept as a solution" to help others find it.
    Si esta es "la respuesta", haga clic en "Aceptar como solución" para ayudar a otros a encontrarla.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,510ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    I think the Boot manager will recognise it after few restarts, What's showing as first boot device at the moment?

• manuuchihamanuuchiha Posts: 6Member New User
    Hi,
    I think the Boot manager will recognise it after few restarts, What's showing as first boot device at the moment?

the original HDD disk, so i need to restart it several times?
    IVAN_PC said:
    Hi.

If the installation medium is well done from the middle of windows 10 offered by microsoft, it would be to enter into bios and disable the secure boot, once you disable the restart with the pendrive connected, it should be seen in the bios.

regards.
    Still does not show up. 
  • ufranufran Posts: 2Member New User
    I have the same issue with a Samsung M.2 970 Pro 512GB here - built into an Acer Travelmate V3 372 and no show in BIOS neither for Windows 10-Setup...
    edited December 5
    IVAN_PC said:
    Hi.

regards.
    Still does not show up. 
    Hi,
    Could you please try removing the original HDD and boot with only the SSD and see what happens.
    You could also try switching to "IRST with Optane " option for SATA mode in BIOS, if it's available. Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, check the options for SATA mode.

• ufranufran Posts: 2Member New User
    ufran said:
    I have the same issue with a Samsung M.2 970 Pro 512GB here - built into an Acer Travelmate V3 372 and no show in BIOS neither for Windows 10-Setup...
    ok - got it. My M.2 SSD has PCIe-interface and I need a SATA interface - which is a different one.

Hi,
    Could you please try removing the original HDD and boot with only the SSD and see what happens.
    You could also try switching to "IRST with Optane " option for SATA mode in BIOS, if it's available. Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, check the options for SATA mode.

I removed the HDD and got "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE" on screen. Also chance the AHCI to RST with optane and I got this screen
    Resultado de imagen para blue screen inaccessible boot device acer
    I changed it back to AHCI and pc works again but the SSD still doesnt show up on the priority list.
    Hi,
    Could you please post the Disk management snip, like mine.

hello, here it is

I managed to fix it, thanks.