Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Ssd disappearing after restart????? Please help

asad814asad814 Posts: 325Member Seasoned Practitioner
I have kingston nvme ssd installed in first slot...when i shut down and start the system the ssd vanishes and then i restart the system it comes back...please help...model:g9 793

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 6,996 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    OK! Turn off the notebook and disconnect the hd and ssds:

This will probably break the array, but I do not think there is another solution!
    Then turn on the notebook with the hd and the ssds disconnected and try to enter the bios by pressing f2! Change to uefi mode again and then connect the ssds and hd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)

FAQ & Answers

• IVAN_PCIVAN_PC Posts: 3,322ACE Pathfinder
    Hi.

Try changing the mode of the disk controller to RAID, I also think it is a problem with the sata interface.

Regards.
    If this is "the answer," click "Accept as a solution" to help others find it.
    Si esta es "la respuesta", haga clic en "Aceptar como solución" para ayudar a otros a encontrarla.
  • asad814asad814 Posts: 325Member Seasoned Practitioner
    It is in raid....
  • IVAN_PCIVAN_PC Posts: 3,322ACE Pathfinder

Do you connect it with another device? If it is in raid, it is possible that the interface is the culprit.

If this is "the answer," click "Accept as a solution" to help others find it.
    Si esta es "la respuesta", haga clic en "Aceptar como solución" para ayudar a otros a encontrarla.
    Currently i have two m.2 ssds installed one has windows installed which is working fine but that nvme ssd only works when i open the bios and save the changes...but again when i shutdown my pc then start again it disappears..i have to do this all time it is annoying...is there a permanent fix for that???
    edited December 3
    It is only showing up when i go throught the bios and save the changes...but everytime when i start my pc w/o going to bios it doesnt showup....please help

And in intel rapid storage the ssd is not showing...even it is showing in bios amd in my computer
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,449ACE Trailblazer
    Hi @asad814 ;
    Could you please tell us more about the setup, make and size of the SSDs, do you have only one SSD and a HDD? please post the snips of Disk management and IRST status like mine.

• Make sure that by turning fast start up on the power options the problem remains! What version of bios is installed on your notebook?
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
    I m on latest version

• Did you disable fast start up in power options?
    I havnt touch that setting ...whats the default i dont know
  • Disable fast start up here:

Yes i have disabled that still no luck

One thing i have noticed that my ssd  has two holes in it but when i use the ssd with one hold i just works fine...
  • The second ssd must be secured with these two screws:

Yes but the bottom one is not working

• Did you try changing both slot ssd? I'm not sure, but I think this procedure might break the array because your bios is configured to use raid mode!
    Yes i did that too

• Both ssd's are converted to gpt to work in uefi mode? Have you already upgraded the firmware of both ssd's?