Helios 300 NVME SSD wont show up on windows

Vitreovz
Vitreovz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So as said on the title, i have an Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-572. Machine was running fine, however i purchased a new windows license and therefor i wanted to perform a clean installation process. 

I used the windows media creation tool to make a bootable device, I booted into windows installation and everything was going perfectly. When I’m asked to pick which drive I want to install windows at, both my SSD and HDD appeared, however, since I used them and i wanted a clean installation, i formatted them
both, i saw the SSD was partitioned into “system reserved” and the actual main SSD area” and I actually deleted both partitions. Expecting to create a newer one with the Unallocated space, we’ll, didn’t happened, after deleting the SSD system reserved and SSD partition, it never showed up again, only the 1Tb hdd showed up.

SSD does show up at the BIOS so drive is not dead, however windows won’t detect it, not even device management, CMd diskpart and list disk won’t show anything either.

im assuming that I deleted some sort of driver that allowed the PC nvme connect to the OS. I installed windows on my hdd through UEFI, just to try and install some drivers to maybe make the SSD available again but I was not successful.

Im desperate because it does show up at bios but not at windows, never happened to me before, I’ve been trying to fix this since yesterday’s morning so I’m pretty much out of ideas.

im gonna list a couple thing I’ve done so far:
-Updated bios to newest version without any success
-Installed AHCI and SATA drivers through acers website
-Installed IO drivers and chipset drivers as well 
-Tried to use diskpart and list disk commands
-Ran memory diagnostic tool
-cleared TPM TCM state 
-uninstalled SATA AHCI driver and rebooted pc
- used Linux Ubuntu through live usb to try to make the drive work through gpart but it wouldn’t show up there neither
-disabled/enabled secure boot at bios
-Checked if both sata devices were enabled, they were

I guess it’s some drivers issue, since I wiped the drive that may have the drivers contained in it. I tried to install Samsung’s nvme driver, newest version, but won’t work because it says that no drive is connected.

What can I do? Any ideas? 
I saw a post in here I which the bios have them the option to whether use AHCI or RTS optane, but I can’t find that option anywhere on my bios.

my model is a Acer Predator helios 300 g3-572

any help is appreciated 

Answers

• Diegui
    Diegui Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem with the 2019 model... were you able to fix it and use both NVMe in your laptop? thx
  • WaqarGulzar
    WaqarGulzar Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue try changing both SSDs slot and updating to latest firmware