Need help, Blue Screening. Predator Helios 300 G3-571

reaLEtyx
reaLEtyx Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I am currently using a Predator Helios 300 G3-571 with a GTX 1060 and i7-7700HQ.
Bios Version: 1.21
Also am using a laptop cooler/fan.
While playing Destiny 2 (a game that i'm trying to play at the moment), I have been blue screening after 10 minutes of playing depending on the scenario in the game.
I have undervolted the CPU following a guide from a user called Hotel Hero on YouTube.

Also have overclocked the GPU following a guide from the same YouTuber.

Also I have been monitoring my temperatures using the Predator Sense and have seen a trend that if my CPU reaches over 77 degrees or my GPU reaches 85 degrees I tend to know a blue screen is going to occur. I'm not sure if temperature has any affect of blue screening but I am writing this in case this information is needed. And a picture below is my Predator Sense settings.

Best Answer

• EddieSi
    EddieSi Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    reaLEtyx said:
    @EddieSi
    Thanks for pointing that out, I just hopped onto Destiny 2 with it turned on but, after 5 games of playing Gambit I got a blue screen?

Well looks like you were able to play for quite a while so that’s good. And to make sure...you are running destiny with the GPU?
    have you installed any other software? 
    My recommendation is that you undo the MSI afterburner stuff. I didnt use it, I only used the throttlestop settings. My destiny runs great with temps around 67-72 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Don't under or overvolt anything. Change power plan back to Balanced. See if D2 still plays OK. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EddieSi
    I play destiny 2 just fine with the same settings and I run it on high settings. I used the same guide last night actually. I noticed in your screenshot you don't have the throttlestop turned on. Did you turn it on? it's on the bottom left side next to the save and options button. click that
  • reaLEtyx
    @JackE
    If I don't undervolt or overclock my temperatures sky rocket to about 90 ish?
  • reaLEtyx
    @EddieSi
    Thanks for pointing that out, I just hopped onto Destiny 2 with it turned on but, after 5 games of playing Gambit I got a blue screen?

• EddieSi
    Answer ✓
    reaLEtyx said:
    @EddieSi

Well looks like you were able to play for quite a while so that’s good. And to make sure...you are running destiny with the GPU?
    have you installed any other software? 
    My recommendation is that you undo the MSI afterburner stuff. I didnt use it, I only used the throttlestop settings. My destiny runs great with temps around 67-72 
  • JackE
    reaLEtyx >>>If I don't undervolt or overclock my temperatures sky rocket to about 90 ish? >>>

On the Balanced power plan!!!??? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EddieSi
    Any update?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    i play destiny 2 on mine on ultra no issues at all seems you voltage settings are messing up either too much or too less to undervolt  you have to get to the right settings and benchmark it with some proper benchmark software while doing it to make sure this issue you are having doesn't happen this is why it's not advisable to the average user i use TS repasted with kryonaut and my msi afterburner its +200 +230 oveclocked didn't touched on the curve and i get cpu 69 max gpu 63 max on idle the fans stop sometimes because the temps are so low cpu min 38 gpu min 33 played wolfenstein new order from start to finish last weekend 9h++ non stop and same temps didn't even budged (this is why i can't/shouldn't play games lol if i start i have to finish it)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• reaLEtyx
    @EddieSi
    I took your advice and it is working rather well, but I do get a blue screen after like 2 hours later after continuous gaming.
  • EddieSi
    reaLEtyx said:
    @EddieSi
    I took your advice and it is working rather well, but I do get a blue screen after like 2 hours later after continuous gaming.
    and do you only get a blue screen when gaming? or do you also get a blue screen when using the computer normally?

what Microsoft Build version are you on?
    what graphics driver version?

• reaLEtyx
    @EddieSi
    I only get a blue screen while playing games for a long time. (e.g Playing Destiny 2)
    Microsoft Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.407)
    Graphic Drivers Version 417.01 

• reaLEtyx
    @JackE
    Hey, today I took your advice and it was working alright, until I had the same problem after 2ish hours of gaming I got a blue screen.
    Also my CPU temperature maximum was 92 degrees and my GPU temperature maximum reached 91 degrees.
  • JackE
    reaLEtyx If you have any non-Microsoft anti-virus running, uninstall don't just disable it. Also open Control Panel. Search "button". Click change what the power buttons do. Click change setttings that aren't currently available. Scroll down the list to uncheck the fast startup to disable fast boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EddieSi
    Are u using the #3 profile on MSI afterburner or just the #1?
  • reaLEtyx
    @EddieSi
    Sorry for the late reply, I used to use profile #1 on MSI afterburner, but since I haven't used MSI afterburner I havent gotten any blue screens so far or as often, the past week I have only gotten 1 blue screen.
  • EddieSi
    reaLEtyx said:
    @EddieSi
    Sorry for the late reply, I used to use profile #1 on MSI afterburner, but since I haven't used MSI afterburner I havent gotten any blue screens so far or as often, the past week I have only gotten 1 blue screen.
    Ah ok makes sense I think you needed to use profile #3 from the video for “performance” 
    also there is new graphics drivers from NVIDIA you might want to download those. 

I do recommend uninstalling MSI and re-do the settings exactly as the video states with the memory curve. I didn’t use MSI before but now that I have the correct settings my games run a lot better.

but I am glad to hear you are no longer getting Blue screens. 
  • reaLEtyx
    @JacKE
    Sorry, I forgot to reply to your comment, when you first gave me that answer I instantly said what you did and yeah, its working fine.
  • reaLEtyx
    @EddieSi
    Are you sure? Cause if you are 100% sure its on #3 and using that curve worked for you. I'll revert back and test it out.
  • EddieSi
    reaLEtyx said:
    @EddieSi
    Are you sure? Cause if you are 100% sure its on #3 and using that curve worked for you. I'll revert back and test it out.
    Yeah that’s the only curve I ever use. I’ll have to come back and link the exact time in the hotel hero video which curve I’m referring to