GPU driver problem when playing Forza Horizon 4.

Options
hann16
hann16 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. Yesterday i've installed Forza Horizon 4, and when I opened it, a message popped up saying that my GPU driver is too old. Also, the game was sluggish, only running at a maximum 25 FPS on low settings. The driver is the the only one that I've found on the official Acer Service & Support page. Is there a newer GPU driver released? Or what can I do? 
Nitro AN515-42, AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with integrated AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics driver version: 23.20.826.3072 , and dedicated Radeon RX 560X Series driver version: 23.20.826.3072

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @hann16 you can also try the Microsoft recommended drivers (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 8-20-2018 12-00-00 AM - 23.20.826.8448) available here http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2018/11/0ea10237-2808-4b73-8f86-3a635f07ddcf_bb77a590f18e5e49f61cfcc6c974a1b10345c391.cab
    These drivers are what I currently use on the same laptop but with the Ryzen 5 2500u and Vega 8/ RX 560X graphics. Once you've download the file, use a zip extraction utility (like 7zip or WinRAR) to unzip the contents. Inside it you will see a B331895 folder (which contains among other things the ccc2_install.exe file which you can use to install the Radeon Settings panel AFTER you've installed the drivers) along with various .inf and .cat files. If you right click the .inf files and select open it will display a text file which indicates the name (I believe) for which OEM manufacturer the .inf file supports (for example the U0332391.inf file shows Samsung in the name - 1808230312-17.40.6001.3201-180820a-332391C-Samsung). The .inf file for our system is the second one, u0332427 - 1808230313-17.40.6001.3201-180820a-332427C-Acer while the third says ATI - 1808230315-17.40.6001.3201-180820a-332514C-ATI.
    To install the drivers, simply right click the u0332427.inf file and select install. Give the computer about 5 to 10 minutes to complete the installation (system may prompt you to reboot or restart itself), once it is finished checked the device manager and the driver versions for both the Vega 10 and RX 560X which should now correspond to 23.20.826.8448. Next install the Radeon Settings panel as mentioned prior and check out the performance of a few games (be sure to set the RX 560X for the games). Hope this helps.

If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • hann16
    hann16 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you for your answers @dclanz and @egydiocoelho . I need even newer drivers than the ones from the august update (23.20.826.8448). Forza's dialog box asks for 24.20.13011.1009.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Make sure the driverbooster or driverpack programs can help you! I recommend enabling system protection first!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    hann16 said:
    Thank you for your answers @dclanz and @egydiocoelho . I need even newer drivers than the ones from the august update (23.20.826.8448). Forza's dialog box asks for 24.20.13011.1009.
    Ohh, the only drivers which may help are actually installing those from AMD, but I tried to install the latest last night and while there is support for the RX 560X, there are no Vega 8 drivers in the package (both drivers must run the same version otherwise it causes all sorts of issues one of which is the Radeon settings won't function properly, see screenshot). 

If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • Jameshowlett
    Jameshowlett Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    dclanz said:
    Hi @hann16 you can also try the Microsoft recommended drivers (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 8-20-2018 12-00-00 AM - 23.20.826.8448) available here http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2018/11/0ea10237-2808-4b73-8f86-3a635f07ddcf_bb77a590f18e5e49f61cfcc6c974a1b10345c391.cab
    These drivers are what I currently use on the same laptop but with the Ryzen 5 2500u and Vega 8/ RX 560X graphics. Once you've download the file, use a zip extraction utility (like 7zip or WinRAR) to unzip the contents. Inside it you will see a B331895 folder (which contains among other things the ccc2_install.exe file which you can use to install the Radeon Settings panel AFTER you've installed the drivers) along with various .inf and .cat files. If you right click the .inf files and select open it will display a text file which indicates the name (I believe) for which OEM manufacturer the .inf file supports (for example the U0332391.inf file shows Samsung in the name - 1808230312-17.40.6001.3201-180820a-332391C-Samsung). The .inf file for our system is the second one, u0332427 - 1808230313-17.40.6001.3201-180820a-332427C-Acer while the third says ATI - 1808230315-17.40.6001.3201-180820a-332514C-ATI.
    To install the drivers, simply right click the u0332427.inf file and select install. Give the computer about 5 to 10 minutes to complete the installation (system may prompt you to reboot or restart itself), once it is finished checked the device manager and the driver versions for both the Vega 10 and RX 560X which should now correspond to 23.20.826.8448. Next install the Radeon Settings panel as mentioned prior and check out the performance of a few games (be sure to set the RX 560X for the games). Hope this helps.

Hi , i tried this method but with drivers that were for the Vega 8 , could not make them work , will give it another try once i'm back home,
    right know i have a similar problem but when i open the game i get a message that says some like "your system does not meet the minimum requirements 
    to play this game blah blah blah"
    i thought that was an issue of the game detecting just the vega 8 (i have also the Ryzen 5 2500u and Vega 8/ RX 560X graphics set up for my laptop)
    currently the game is unplayable because it has constant lag spikes,and takes forever to load the game.
    again will try to manually update the drivers to see if the issue goes away.
  • Jameshowlett

Tinkerer

Options
    well managed to install the rx560 drivers , without the vega and tested it , and got the infamus message:

also memory not good enough??
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What version of bios is installed on the notebook? Version 1.10, this is some update on the video card! However the bios update is extremely risky: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7605?b=1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jameshowlett

Tinkerer

Options
    What version of bios is installed on the notebook? Version 1.10, this is some update on the video card! However the bios update is extremely risky: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7605?b=1
    i think i updated them to the latest bios , the last is 1.11 i think , i think this game should run smootlhy on 1080p medium settings,
    but right run i cannot get the best performance out of this laptop 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you set up the notebook for high-performance power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jameshowlett

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Options
    Have you set up the notebook for high-performance power options?
    yes , over Nitro Sense , by the way is there a way to disable the vega GPU , didn't saw the option on the laptop bios which is quite basic
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can confirm the bios version here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jameshowlett

Tinkerer

Options
    i´ll check that once i´m back , so you are saying that could be a bios problem? 
    what bothers me is that i don't have proper drivers to install
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think it might be a problem in bios yes as there is a version of bios that updates the apu of the r7 video card!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jameshowlett

Tinkerer

Options
    I think it might be a problem in bios yes as there is a version of bios that updates the apu of the r7 video card!
    as i said earlier , bios version is 1.11 , i don't have an r7 card nitro 5 comes with a vega 8 and a RX560X
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried upgrading the drivers with the driverbooster or driverpack? Are you using version 1809 of windows 10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jameshowlett

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried upgrading the drivers with the driverbooster or driverpack? Are you using version 1809 of windows 10?
    Hi ,
    first of all , thanks for all the replies!
    haven't tried neither of those programs will try them , i did a roll back of the drivers with the AMD cleanup utility,
    then after a while windows itself applied some drivers for both Vega8 and the RX560 , tested again the game and the message changed
    saying that the drivers were old and the memory not being enough to run the game.
    About the windows version Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
  • Jameshowlett

Tinkerer

Options
    just checked the acer support website there are new drivers apparently :

Date:2018/12/20 Version:17.40.6001.3304 Vendor: AMD Size: 353.4 MB will try them once i´m back