560X driver update for Just Cause 4

Woofah
Woofah Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello all,

So since Just Cause 4 is releasing on the 4th, and AMD has their latest driver for other GPUs announced to be optimized for Just Cause 4, will there by any chance be an update soon for the 560X for Just Cause 4 and other games?

Answers

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Good question and I almost bought it for $46.19 off greenmangaming earlier lol! New Acer optimized drivers may come a bit later but I am hoping AMD surprises us with the unified driver at last.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • Woofah
    Woofah Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I found a post just a bit ago on reddit with a video that talked about the state of Ryzen mobile drivers.

https://youtu.be/Gc4mld0o9_I
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Yes, that is very much true where I had installed prior AMD drivers (18.something, a few revisions ago via the device manager) and Windows 10 went right ahead and downloaded the Microsoft supplied drivers. Hence my clean install guide was based on the drivers available from Microsoft. I am tempted to check the latest AMD drivers and see if I can install them again but everything works at the moment (not 100% though because I know the RX 560X can perform better if its using latest, optimized drivers...but hey, all in good time according to the video).
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.