I'm looking to upgrade the processor..

Options
Franzo
Franzo Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an aspire 8930G laptop with a duo core 2.0 GHz processor. I would like to install the fastest processor available for my motherboard . Does anyone know the socket type on this unit ? My product info in the Acer site is not available anymore for some strange reason ...

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please tell us the current CPU model you have, you might be able to upgrade to a T9600 which was one of the original CPUs in this model, I need to know the current CPU, you have socket P CPU in your laptop.
  • dimitrok
    dimitrok Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hi. 
    are Q9100 or X9100 supported ?

i did read that the chipset support them , but did the bios support them or NOT ?
    any info ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @dimitrok you should have started a new thread since this one is so old, but the same questions apply. Do you have the same 8930G model? Which processor is in yours right now?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AsrCordes
    AsrCordes Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking to upgrade My Acer Aspire 8930g. I need to replace/ upgrade the hard drive and would also like to upgrade the cpu and what ever else needs to be upgraded. I want it to be as up to date as possible. I'll be using it primarily for Djing and music production. Not sure where to start. Where to find parts, compatibility etc. Any assistance would be so greatly appreciated.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @AsrCordes as suggested above, you should start a new thread using the Ask a Question button with your request. There were many different Aspire 8930G models and there are only a few upgrades that might be worthwhile. Those were shipped with Windows XP and a free upgrade to Vista, so they are getting close to fifteen years old. When you start the new thread tell us what processor you have in it, how much memory is installed and how big the drive is. Also let us know what you are running for an OS right now.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AsrCordes
    AsrCordes Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you. I was intending to start a new thread. Didn't happen some how😅