Problem with H226HQL buttons

Options
AlexeyGribkov
AlexeyGribkov Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Good day!
After some unexpected blackout the functions of buttons next to the power button got mixed up or stopped working. To be more precise, the E (1st left button) became exit button; the volume button (4th from the left) stopped working, so I can't adjust volume; 2nd button from the left became down button in the OSD menu. Basically, after getting used to the current state, I can change any settings or input apart from the volume settings. I heard that other people had this problem with other models and different button combinations for different models reset button functionality.

P.S. I have tried resetting to factory settings - doesn't work. Cleaning the buttons is not the case as well, buttons are all set up well and move as intended.

Answers

• AlexeyGribkov
    AlexeyGribkov Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Bump, because Acer Russia representatives don't want to help me.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    One thing you might try is to force a full power down. Modern computer and monitor designs keep power to the electronics even when powered down. Disconnect the power cord the press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so. Once you've done that any residual power should be completely drained. Plug it back and turn it on to see if the button behavior has gone back to normal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.