Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How do you install a 2.5 inch SSD in the TravelMate P2 P2510-G2-M?

BmilliganBmilligan Posts: 2Member New User
Hello,

The TravelMate P2 P2510-G2-M has a spot for a 2.5 inch SSD to be installed but I do not see any ports on the motherboard that a SSD can be plugged into. 
I purchased a TravelMate P658-MG-749P in January that had a similar design but I was able to use a 
50.RZCN2.003 Acer Aspire M5 M5-581T HDD Hard Drive Connector Cable
 to install a 2.5 inch SSD.

There is no place on the motherboard that I can see to plug in a hard drive connector cable.

I did speak to Acer technical support and they told me that it was possible to install a 2.5 inch SSD but would not instruct me how to go about doing it.

Thanks

Bmilligan

Best Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 8,707 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    You should get this:

Or order these devices here and expect a response from Acer: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,662 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    It's hidden under the WiFi card, if you remove the card you can find the connector.

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 8,707ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    You should get this:

Or order these devices here and expect a response from Acer: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,662ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    It's hidden under the WiFi card, if you remove the card you can find the connector.